QUALI IRCI HDTV -
Homecast PVR 300 -
Digiscrappybox -
various CAMs -
vari
My Location
8e 43.9n
ovis said:
Let me re-phrase that: Any CI equipped rcvr should be compatible with the CAM and its card - that's why it's SUPPOSED to be a Common Interface? Or is that just wishful thinking??
unfortunately it's just a wishful thinking...

there are receivers officialy working with CAM+ card (list in www _ tivu.tv/sat/prodotti/149/151/178/SmarCAM-tivusat.aspx), receivers not in the official list but perfectly working, receivers which, despite CI slot equipped, are not working at all..

just write down wich receiver you are pointing at, gonna check if it's already been tested with Tivusat CAM

ovis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Digiquest 6400 FTA Astra2a/Eurosat/Hotbird 80/60 cm dishes
My Location
Italy
Thanks Danit, was afraid that was the case. Was just looking at the Humax iCord HD and HD+ models which have a pvr. The + model may be bit of an overkill....

Lo Zingaro

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TivuSat TS9000, Humax CI 8100. (Sky Italia, not in use for now)

Pless 2400
My Location
Glasgow
If someone could spare me a minute...

Reading your posts, I see I can buy a TivuSat cam from Italy, and have it mailed to me in the UK. Noting that it comes with a card, I'm presuming that means both are programmed to match each other. I also presume the supplied card would not be activated, and if I wanted to use my existing card which I bought, ready activated with my TS 9000 receiver, it would not work in the cam?

Since the TS 9000 is both very basic (to say the least) and not high definition, I had hoped to buy myself a receiver mentioned here, the AZBox Premium since it supports the TivuSat cam. but first I must have a working card.

I imagine I could overcome my activation problem by buying a cam+card from a dealer I have found over the past four years to be reliable but pricey in Kent.

Before I speak to him I would appreciate any helpful comments from you guys...

danit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised Gibertini 125 - fixed dish 72 -
stabHH120 -
lnb Inverto Black Ultra 0.2 - Sharp 0.4 -
Jepssen STHD3 AzboxHD Premium / 1TB WD e-sata hdd -
Fortec Passion HD -
QUALI IRCI HDTV -
Homecast PVR 300 -
Digiscrappybox -
various CAMs -
vari
My Location
8e 43.9n
Lo Zingaro said:
Reading your posts, I see I can buy a TivuSat cam from Italy, and have it mailed to me in the UK. Noting that it comes with a card, I'm presuming that means both are programmed to match each other. I also presume the supplied card would not be activated, and if I wanted to use my existing card which I bought, ready activated with my TS 9000 receiver, it would not work in the cam?

Since the TS 9000 is both very basic (to say the least) and not high definition, I had hoped to buy myself a receiver mentioned here, the AZBox Premium since it supports the TivuSat cam. but first I must have a working card.
well, dunno if TS 9000 is compatible with Tivusat CAM, but I know Azbox (with multicas) can activate, read and update Tivusat card directly in the card reader, no need to use a CAM though

Lo Zingaro

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TivuSat TS9000, Humax CI 8100. (Sky Italia, not in use for now)

Pless 2400
My Location
Glasgow
Thanks for that, Danit, it's appreciated!

No, the TS 9000, has only two card slots, no facility for a cam, and in any case I want something better. So in fact my existing card will work in an Azbox and I don't need a cam! In that case I'll get myself an early Christmas present...

vark

Reaction score
Website
www.red-dwarf.net
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ HD Samsung 1TB HD
My Location
Wakefield, UK
you dont use a CAM for the Telesystem TS9000 the tivusat card slots directly into one of the slots.