Advice Needed Offset Angle For 1.8m Channel Master Dish ?

moonbase

Small Dish Man
My Satellite Setup
.
My Location
UK
Hi,

Would anyone please be able to provide a link to documentation that lists the offset angle for a channel master 1.8m satellite dish?

Thx
 
You are welcome! If not a secret, why you need offset angle of dish? Not so many people nowadays care about this important parameter. :rolleyes:
 
You are welcome! If not a secret, why you need offset angle of dish? Not so many people nowadays care about this important parameter. :rolleyes:

I use it in a calculation to set the elevation angle for a motorised arc using a digital inclinometer. After allowing for the declination offset angle, the method gets the dish almost spot on the arc, then its a fine tune with a meter if required. Also, I align the dish perfectly due south at the instance of solar noon on the day using the shadow of the LNB support arm crossing the dead centre of the dish.

It's always worked for me and always given a good arc so I stick with it.


Rgds
 
Back
Top