OK Yup, a doughnut here.

TwisterFreak

Reaction score
Hi there. Big apologies if i'm posting in wrong part. I'm going to buy a satellite setup from Ebay tonight(whole kit). It's just over £200.
I had a motorised system about 10 odd years ago and that cost £1100.
Is £200 a standard cost these days?
OK, basically i am looking to purchase this system so i can watch Premiership footy on a saturday etc.
What will i need to do this as cheaply as possible?
All i can see are things like "CAM", "NO CARDS", "PATCHING". What on earth is that all about? :eek:
So i just need a little expert guidance on a system for the footy.
Thanks for reading this.
Darren

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

tapfit2004

lula member
Reaction score
Website
livesportsontv.eu
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400
fortecstar
sl65
quali tv ir
4 digiboxes
dragon cam
funcard7
sm3d12 motor
wavefrontier t90
90cm dish
1m dish
My Location
dublin, ireland
TwisterFreak said:
All i can see are things like "CAM", "NO CARDS", "PATCHING". What on earth is that all about? :eek:

cam is either built into the receiver or plugged into ci slot in the receiver.

some cams (dragon, diablo) have and are opening channels without cards but this can be hit and miss and there is no guarantees of being able to watch the channels when you want.

patching receivers is putting software into them which will achieve the same as the cams (ie channels decoded without cards) again his is hit and miss.

as rolfw says the art card is about the best for english prem league football with 6 sport channels. other providers dont do as many games but do other leagues and many have film, documentry and general entertainment channels included. you are probably better off buying from a shop or recognised supplier instead of the likes of ebay so you can make sure that the card wont give up after a few months.

hope this helps.