One satellite dish 2 satellites astra 28.3 & hotbird 13.0 + tv aerial

tojo-mojo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400 +tivusat +sky
My Location
Caserta, Naples, Italy
ok should i just bin the big dish and buy a 80cm triax instead???
I want to really understand the wiring side of this setup, nano has kindly tried to explain but i've probably done the poor chaps head in. I cant seem to understand how cables i need and what goes where.
I may have to bite the bullet and forget the whole thing for now as i seriously cannot get my head around this.

regards

t

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Don't bin the project .............. just take a step back for a day or two, cogitate on what's been said so far and then you should have a clear idea of the way ahead.

tojo-mojo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400 +tivusat +sky
My Location
Caserta, Naples, Italy
thanks for the vote of confidence. not sure i will attempt this now as i cant seem to understand it at all. Do they do a dummies guide to this multi switching setups??
This is how i see it, So basically if i understood this right i will have 9 cables coming the dish into the multiswitch. ( 4 from 28.2 and 4 from 13.0 + aerial)

Flat 1
I will have a lead from output one into my Sky box lnb in. Then i will have another lead from the output 2 into the tivusat receiver for hotbird Job done

Flat 2
Same as above but i will use output 3 and 4.
How will i get the normal aerial to work if i only have 2 leads going into the receivers???

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 1.2m HH, Wavefield T90. AzBox HD Premium, Vu+ Duo
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
That's where the triplexed wall plates come in. That seperates the frequencies back out for each device, TV, FM/DAB and Sat. Just run a fly lead from each output on the wall plate to the correct reciever.

tojo-mojo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400 +tivusat +sky
My Location
Caserta, Naples, Italy
hi Rick thanks for your input. But i simply don't understand i guess certain things are for the professionals. I will need to try and get a step by step guide somewhere and study that. I am lost with all these cables and where they are going etc.

regards

t

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Very basically:

2x 4lnb's plus the aerial into the multiswitch. This does all the fancy combining of inputs.

1 output to each room, wired into a triplex plate. The triplexer splits satellite and aerial back into their own outputs

Flyleads from the triplexer plate outputs to the equipment

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Perhaps this needs simplifying, put a 70cm dish with two quad LNBs onto the same mast as the aerial, two four outlet loft boxes and run two cables into each of the living rooms, then a single cable into the bedrooms, you can then tailor it to whatever you want to watch by using diplexers and DiSEqC switches. Will save money, particularly on cable.

A nonymous

Reaction score
If you can wait until the middle of the week, i'll post a few pictures up that will help you. I just need to take them first and then return home to post them.

Basically each subfeed out of the switch is basically a combined, Sat & Terrestrial signal.

The multiswitch takes over the part of the normal type universal lnb. As far as the receiver is concerned its connected to an lnb not a multiswitch. The multiswitch also understands DISEqC 1.0 commands which enables it to switch between hotbird and Astra.

You can see in the picture the inputs on the end of the switch, the bottom 5 are sat 1 (28.2e)& terrestrial, The top 4 are for sat 2 (13e). The sub feeds on each side are the feeds to the properties/rooms. Best to have 2 to each room so you can use Sky+ later on :D

Your Tivusat receiver will only work if it can send DISEqC commands. It needs to state it needs DISEqC B otherwise it will only see the default DISEqC A signal and will report no signal.

The combined sat & TV signal can be as stated earlier be split up by using the correct type of wall plate. Like i said before if its only a small property i woould look at the Visiosat Bisat dish.

Nano

Nano

Attachments

• v9-924.jpg
    v9-924.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 53
  • frac-plate.jpg
    frac-plate.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 54
  • bisat.jpg
    bisat.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 58