Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Televes 80cm Dish,
Stab HH90 Motor,
Inverto Black Ultra 0.2 lnb,
VU+ Duo with BH image
My Location
Redcar
Hi there, I am having a bit of trouble recently with my Openbox S10 receiver.

A few days ago, I was receiving TV2 PL HD1, 2 & 3 perfect, however, these wont scan anymore on the thor 10747H transponder. When I manually check the transponder for signal strength, I am getting nothing at all. the dish is aligned perfectly as I am receiving all other channels on the nordic beam very clearly with very good signal strength.

The box will also not lock on to Tring Sports 2 and 3 on 16E, it comes up on a blind scan but does not register when the scan is finished.

Just wondering if there are other Openbox users that are experiencing this problem and if there is a way to fix it?

Many thanks jb000

jb000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Televes 80cm Dish,
Stab HH90 Motor,
Inverto Black Ultra 0.2 lnb,
VU+ Duo with BH image
My Location
Redcar
Hi there

I think I have worked out this conundurum. It seems that it has to do with the latitude and longitude settings on the openbox. If you enter a row of 0000000's you get no signal on TV2 PL HD and you have to mark your precise lat and long in order for the signal and the transponder to work, however, if you mark your precise lat and long, you get no signal on the tring transponder and have to enter a row of 000000's for that transponder to work. in order for them both to work, you have to keep changing lat and long and back.

All I can assume that this is a firmware issue. I am using firmware 11/10/11 at the moment and wonder if there is any new firmware out there that can fix this?

Many thanks jb000​

Chris76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ duo with a 300gb hdd also dm500 and tecnomate 5200 with a 1m and 1.1m motorized dishes and minidish fixed to 28.2
My Location
Belfast
Well done. I had the same problem on different channels on the openbox s9 and couldn't figure it out at all