Opinions, please. Have MR, is it worth getting a Dragon Cam?

hmadfai

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4820 II, 1.1 motorised, Sky, Dragon, Matrix Rel. and Joker CAMs.
My Location
Cardiff
Thanks for all the help guys.

One last question, is there a difference in the number of carriers that Dragon can deal with for each encryption protocol? For example, my MR can deal with 3 x 8 Vi, 8 x Irdeto and 8 x Nagra (never managed to get into Seca 1 and 2 menu though so I cannot report the numbers there). Is Dragon capable of dealing with more?

Thanks

H

loftyj

Reaction score
Hi hmadfai.
Just checked conditional access and my reciver gives meas follows.
Irdeto X 8, Seca 1 X 6, Seca 2X 4, Nagra X 4, Conax X 1, via 1 X 8, Via 2 X 8,
Via 3 X 8, Via 4 X 7,
They all have keys in Predator but do not know how many are working at moment in time.

hmadfai

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cardiff
Loftyj,
Thank you for your reply, mate.

From what I can tell, the added advantages of Dragon over MR are the Via 4 x 7 and, of course, it is newer technology. I cannot get into the S*ca menu of my card through the receiver so I am not sure if Dragon fairs better in this department. Anyone?

Mind nearly made up.

Thanks,

H

hmadfai

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cardiff
Saw the following on Dragon's site - guess updates are being made available after all.

06.10.2004Predator 222 for Dragon & embedded Cam and Emulator All In One
Emulation for Irdeto, Nagra, Viaccess, Skycrypt, Xcrypt, S*ca and Conax , with keyeditor (check out the "Debug" option in the menu). Nagra AU Support new XCrypt system (INXWORLD channels). Note, channels usign this system take 20-40 secodns to open, we're working to make this better. Sorry, no Sly or Tequilla yet.
Did the silly thing and ordered a Dragon Cam + Duolabs CAS 2 Deluxe from HiSat in Bristol . Will let you know how it goes.

H

hmadfai

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cardiff
Got the Dragon, but it is not working on my Technosat 6000+ receiver. When I insert the CAM it works for a few seconds then the picture gets increasingly pixilated and after about 60 seconds it stops working altogether. To get it working again I have to remove the CAM and put it in again.