Orbit now off badr 3 from today

R

Rd100

Orbit now off badr 3 from today so for us customers in europe unless you have a big dish you can only get orbit from atlantic bird 2 at 8, but you do get 16 free tvmax movies i had a email the other day off orbit and a phone call off them today,

Here is a copy of the email
Dear MR ***********,

We are writing to you to advise of an imminent modification in the technical parameters to view Orbit’s channels, so that you may take the necessary steps to make the required adjustments by re-pointing your satellite-dish to Atlantic Bird 2.

Orbit has recently placed its channels on the AB2 satellite, and therefore as of 31st August will cease to broadcast from its current Arabsat 3A position. It will be necessary for all satellite-dishes in Europe to point at AB2 to receive the Orbit channels in the future.

To compensate you as an Orbit customer for the inconvenience of re-pointing your satellite dish to AB2, Orbit will credit your account with 16 TV Max coupons. These coupons will be available for redemption, provided that your subscription is paid-up and active, when Orbit ceases to broadcast on Arabsat 3A in September this year. The 16 coupons will be valid for use for one year from September 2006 to August 2007.

Should you have any questions regarding these imminent changes, please do call us or email us. We will be most pleased to respond to your enquiry.

We appreciate your loyal support as our customer, and are sure that you will continue to enjoy the quality entertainment channels offered by the Orbit network.

Yours sincerely,

Regional Director, Europe

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
But it is not the 31st August today.
This came very quickly, I doubt everyone has changed over to the new satellite in time.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The downlink power on the official footprint suggests that you do not need a big dish. 60cm should be plenty for most folks in western Europe.

R

Rd100

In the uk you can get it fine on a 43cm zone1 sky mini dish with the lnb holded modded so i could change the skew for 8'w i have installed 2 of these this week for some people for orbit and on the signal meter the signal is blasting in on a 43cm dish stronger than astra 28.2 east,

The best this to do is what i do if you have a big enuf dish, with a 1.2m dish here in wales if i put the dish on nilesat 7'w you can still pick up 8'w as the signal is so stronge so you gain mbc channels and one-tv off the same dish, so you have more channels that way,

Also Al jazeera sports channels 1 & 2 are now on the orbit receiver and there is a promo running on there at the moment,

Analoguesat said:
The downlink power on the official footprint suggests that you do not need a big dish. 60cm should be plenty for most folks in western Europe.

Uk2cyp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 6900 Combo Motorised 80cm + dual lnb in UK
TM 1500 Motorised 80cm in Cyprus

Hotbird 13E
Astra 1M widebeam
Astra 1H
1W T2 Beam
7E,5E,10E,16E,26E,33E,42E
4W,7W,8W,12.5W,15W
All Ok with 80cm in cyprus
My Location
Kent UK and Cyprus
The best this to do is what i do if you have a big enuf dish, with a 1.2m dish here in wales if i put the dish on nilesat 7'w you can still pick up 8'w as the signal is so stronge so you gain mbc channels and one-tv off the same dish, so you have more channels that way,

I think this is what they have in mind in the middle east.Probably both sats off one 80cm dish even though 8W looks slightly weaker than Badr and Nilesat there.

Regards

UKCamaroSS

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
1.25 Meter Gibertini Dish
Stab HH 120 Motor.. soon to be replaced by??.. any idea's
My Location
Peterborough, Cambs
Hi,

How much does a full package subscription to Orbit cost for 12 months... for a new subscriber and then for an existing subscriber renewing?

Also, can you purchase the Orbit receiver and card without the dish?

Thanks,

R

Rd100

Cost depends on where you get the decoder from, You can not get orbit card as orbit do not use viewing cards a orbit decoder has a built in seca 1.5 simcard which is inside the receiver which can not be removed,

UKCamaroSS said:
Hi,

How much does a full package subscription to Orbit cost for 12 months... for a new subscriber and then for an existing subscriber renewing?

Also, can you purchase the Orbit receiver and card without the dish?

Thanks,

jdg

Reaction score
Hi Here in Malta I have a 80 cm dish and i gat all the orbit channels and mbc 1 ,2,3,4 and channel 1 all in English

JD