Ordered the F15

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Just ordered the F15, which will ultimately find its home at my parents mated to a Fibo.

Expect lots of questions from me :-ohcrap

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
It'll complement the Fibo nicely CJ, especially with the F15's sensitive tuner :)

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
Still very happy with mine, it's now used as my main receiver in Finland due to its sensitivity.

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
Nice purchase CJ i am sure you will get much enjoyment out of it, And being an Uno owner myself that now just does general sat duty ie: watching TV the real work is done by the F15

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Guys, what firmwares are you running?

Looking on the Russian Dr HD forum, the 125p seems to be the main choice but it's without the HD menu -http://drhd.legion.name/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1015
There's also the 127p, but I cannot see any differences between the two except support for Crypton encryption -http://drhd.legion.name/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1122
The latest one is the 200p with the HD menu but most changes seem to be to the media player/recording, seems stable -http://drhd.legion.name/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1135

The "p" suffix is a patched version for "special network functions" - also needs this installed after the first flash -http://drhd.legion.name/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=110

Official versions of the above can be found here -http://dr-hd.com/news/41/64/F15-latest-s-w-HD-GUI.html

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
I am currently running the 1.22p HD version as it does everything i need and vainly i like the look of it compared to the standard firmware which reminds me too much of the Blade reciever

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Still on version 1.25p, may not be an HD menu, but looks looks good enough to me, and certainly better than the vanilla version.

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
I'm on 125p too. I tried the HD GUI but having got so used to the standard version I was getting lost with the new layout. Might give it another go if they come out with a more up to date version of the HD patch but for now 125p does all I need. Not interested in CS though so don't know if it's any good.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
It's here! It's here! Time for play when I get home.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Got it home, connected, flashed 125p and the other goodies. Got it working with my Viasat Latvia card.

Starter newbie questions:

1) Is there a way to switch between dB reading and the % reading for the signal quality? Can't find a way to switch it (purely to see whether % *representation* is similar to the Uno)
2) Is there a way to "step" the dish east/west as opposed to driving it east west. There's a feature in the spectrum analyser to kind of do this but it seems to sometimes drive the dish and sometimes step it. It's doubly important for me, as I'll be "clicking" the dish via Vbox II remotely (i.e. no remote access to the Vbox controls). I can certainly do this on the Uno/Enigma 2.

Haven't tested for sensitivity yet - on Viasat channels, it failed to lock on the weaker HD ones (12399), same as the Uno but it's raining and miserable. Will need to test this more thoroughly.

Finding the spectrum analyser display a little overwhelming, so gotta get my head around that as well (any tips/pointers/how to switch from bar chart to graph advice is welcomed).

Have to somehow convert my Uno channel list to the Dr HD format.

Picture quality in general seems sharper/brighter on the same channels than the Uno (win!)

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
Captain Jack said:
Got it home, connected, flashed 125p and the other goodies. Got it working with my Viasat Latvia card.

Starter newbie questions:

1) Is there a way to switch between dB reading and the % reading for the signal quality? Can't find a way to switch it (purely to see whether % *representation* is similar to the Uno)
2) Is there a way to "step" the dish east/west as opposed to driving it east west. There's a feature in the spectrum analyser to kind of do this but it seems to sometimes drive the dish and sometimes step it. It's doubly important for me, as I'll be "clicking" the dish via Vbox II remotely (i.e. no remote access to the Vbox controls). I can certainly do this on the Uno/Enigma 2.

Haven't tested for sensitivity yet - on Viasat channels, it failed to lock on the weaker HD ones (12399), same as the Uno but it's raining and miserable. Will need to test this more thoroughly.

Finding the spectrum analyser display a little overwhelming, so gotta get my head around that as well (any tips/pointers/how to switch from bar chart to graph advice is welcomed).

Have to somehow convert my Uno channel list to the Dr HD format.

Picture quality in general seems sharper/brighter on the same channels than the Uno (win!)

You cant switch between DB and %SNR there is nothing in the menu system that lets you, as for stepping the dish i just use the fine adjustments and it lets me step in '1' increments on my Gbox no problem.

CJ i have the same Dr & Uno and my Dr reigns supreme over the Uno as regards to tuner sensitvity.

I doubt you can adapt a Linux channel list for a system that uses .CNDF file format i have been searching since i owned a TM5402 and there is still no sign of one, I agree with the Picture Quality it is slightly sharper/brighter than the Uno.

This may help with the DB to SNR calculation (Runs off Excel) also there is a TP Updater again excel program that creates Blank TP's from Kos load onto box scan the skys and you have the very latest channel list all credit to Jetsetw for that one

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Cool, thanks for that digi! I've seen screenshots of Dr HD with % readings, which is why I asked. Could have been a different firmware or even F16 though.

Where is the fine adjustment function? I am being blind...

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
Captain Jack said:
Cool, thanks for that digi! I've seen screenshots of Dr HD with % readings, which is why I asked. Could have been a different firmware or even F16 though.

Where is the fine adjustment function? I am being blind...

In the Spectrum Analyser mode when you use the << >> to step east west mine only steps just the once through the Gbox although i very rarely use the Spectrum mode, It could also to be with that i dont use the handset i use a Harmony One remote and that could cut the function time short on the key press compared to the original remote.

I mainly use the Move Fine in the motorised setting

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
How does this receiver assign positioner numbers for satellites when saving them in the screenshot above? Is it automatic? Or do I have to edit this in NDFEdit?

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
Captain Jack said:
How does this receiver assign positioner numbers for satellites when saving them in the screenshot above? Is it automatic? Or do I have to edit this in NDFEdit?

Its automatic as you cannot assign a preset number manually, all i did was store all my positions on the F15 and made a note of them all and copied over onto my Uno the same sequence, Thats what i like about the Uno you can set your own numbers in linux

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Managed to lock and scan the channels in on 66E - the NNTV and Russia 1 - none of which I was able to view on the Uno with the Penta 85.

I am also liking the fact that the receiver doesn't block pictures and fart audio on weak signal. Rather than it just freezes and mutes the audio - much less annoying.

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
Captain Jack said:
Managed to lock and scan the channels in on 66E - the NNTV and Russia 1 - none of which I was able to view on the Uno with the Penta 85.

I am also liking the fact that the receiver doesn't block pictures and fart audio on weak signal. Rather than it just freezes and mutes the audio - much less annoying.

CJ

Just before you write the Uno off there have been new drivers released today for the Uno & Ultimo which should sort out any obscure TP's, you will have to do another FPGA update

from the log

- Improve TS playback
- Improve Graphic 2D acceleration
- Fix Russian VFD display(duo, uno)
- Fix High/low symbolrate channel scan problem.(Uno, Ultimo : Need FPGA Update)
-- UNO :
-- ULTIMO :
- Fix EOS detection problem in media playback
- Enhance Security

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Captain Jack said:
Yes, I like that too.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Missed your reply digi. That's promising. I am certainly not writing off the Uno - it will still be my main receiver so any improvements are welcome!

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
Are these now out of stock as the Irish seller has sold out and doesn't look to be getting anymore in stock ?