eBay item 180957833325

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Guys, how do I add a transponder for a satellite so that it appears in dish setup? For example, I added a new TP in DVB search screen but that TP doesn't appear in dish setup screen....

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Seems I have to press the red button to store it.

I still can't work out how to use the spectrum properly. Mine shows bars, whereas the manual and YouTube videos show a line graph type one, like this.

[video=youtube;D1j_tN8plJ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=D1j_tN8plJ4&NR=1[/video]

And mine is as in the attachment.

Also, here's one where it displays percentage as opposed to dB - but this is F16.

[video=youtube;678afE_IWsU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=678afE_IWsU&NR=1[/video]

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
They updated the Spectrum analyser when the later firmware upgrades came out, I suppose if you could get hold of an earlier firmware then it should be like the one in the video

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Hm OK. Need to work it out more. I can only seem to check whether there's a lock on pre-programmed transponders and not on various other peaks that might be there.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
So are the TM5402, the Blade 7000 and the F15 actually the same hardware? I guess the software is mutually compatible between these then.

Another operational question (you guys bored of me yet?): can I make it so when I select a channel/satellite group - it doesn't automatically select the first channel in the list, unless I actually press Enter?

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
Captain Jack said:
So are the TM5402, the Blade 7000 and the F15 actually the same hardware? I guess the software is mutually compatible between these then.

Another operational question (you guys bored of me yet?): can I make it so when I select a channel/satellite group - it doesn't automatically select the first channel in the list, unless I actually press Enter?

As far as i can see and have owned a 5402 is that they are all identical under the hood apart from the 5402 which runs TM's brand of firmware, both the F15 and the Blade look to share identical menu structure as well as looks, The F15 though does have the extra USB and SD card reader which the other 2 do not and also the spectrum analyser.

I always found and its identical on the 5402 that when you switch sats it always goes back to the last channel you selected on that satellite.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Any ideas on this? Trying to tune in to the following frequency:

Astra 4A: 12437V DVB-S2 27500

It seems that whatever frequency I enter between 12424V and 12457V - I will get a lock and scan on the 12437V transponder. Is this a "feature" or something weird going on here?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
12437 is just the centre frequency for that TP.

The TP will be of the order of 20-25MHz wide, so for strong signals at least, entering a frequency within the bandwidth of the nominal TP is likely to achieve lock.

That's not an F15 specific thing.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Is there a way to control the F15 box remotely? The Vulkano's remote control leaves a lot to be desired - especially when used as a catcher so was wondering if I could control remote control functions over the network like you can with Enigma 2 boxes?

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Hm, anyone tried the new 201 software for the F15? It has a HD GUI, which is nice, but I found that the dB reading of signal isn't as accurate as it used to be. If there's a signal present, then the quality just hovers between 2.0 and 2.9dB and once the lock is obtained it jumps to 5dB or more (depending on signal). With the 125 software, it was quite accurate displaying dB reading when under lock threshold and made adjustments to the dish easier....

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
I tried the HD GUI on an earlier release but didn't really like the layout as I'm used to Technomate boxes and the SD GUI is closer to the TM design. I've read elsewhere that the new software is buggy when recording BISS encoded channels. Anyone noticed a problem?

I might try it again sometime if it matures a bit more but for now I'm sticking with 125 as it works well for me.

michalmichal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ariva 120
Technomate
nbox turborecorder
Dish 100
Dish 80
My Location
Poland
F15 is out of stock in Ireland and Czech. I'm a bit worried that f15 never comes to dr.hd shops again. Does anybody know anything (when) ?

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Mail the guy in Ireland again - he'll be able to source one I think. Else a TM5402HD, Blade 7000 will be the same receiver, just (slightly) different software. There's also the F16.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
It amazes me that such a fabulous box ...is now becoming a sought after rarity..
The manufacturers and suppliers were their own worst enemies ..failing to promote and hype the F15 ..thus it never really gained traction in the marketplace...leaving it to enthusiasts like myself to sing its praises on forums.
Having effectively killed a goose that _could_ have laid a golden egg ...the boxes are now in short supply ..and support has all but died .
I doubt the 'next big thing' they produce will live up to the high gain ..basic functionality ..of the F15 ...
..preferring as they do to aim at a larger customer base ..with 'more tweaks and gadgets'..
Thats life I guess ..
You find something you like ..and the suppliers cut the cord
Much like the USA producing 'TV shows' ...and killing them 12 months later cos they fell a few points short in the ratings.
cest la vie
VS

michalmichal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ariva 120
Technomate
nbox turborecorder
Dish 100
Dish 80
My Location
Poland
I have 5402 but the difference (software) between them is such that I want f-15 but it is out of stock. I mailed dr.hd in Ireland but they did not answer. Can someone mail dr.hd in Ireland too ? It may be that they did not get my mail or don't want to answer me.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Dr HD in Ireland? You mean visiosat on eBay?

michalmichal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ariva 120
Technomate
nbox turborecorder
Dish 100
Dish 80
My Location
Poland
Yes visiosat. It is the same as dr-hd.ie

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
F16 is still in stock and it has the same features as the the F15

michalmichal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ariva 120
Technomate
nbox turborecorder
Dish 100
Dish 80
My Location
Poland
F16 is out of stock on dr-hd.ie and there no f-16 on ebay at the moment. Did you find out anything about when they have f-15 ? They don't answer my emails.

Now I'm dealing with buying azboxME (also difficult to get in Poland) so I can wait some time for f-15 but I want them both because they are the best receivers for dx. Then I will sell 5402 and calm down as far as spending money on satellite equipment is concerned.