ordering sky from abroad

jacko

Reaction score
hello,
am living in tenerife and want to order sky sports
package and setanta sports.
i have three choices.
1. can order off a supplier in the r.o.i.
2. try to order it with my wifes parents in n.ireland.
3.my parents live in wales but already have the sky package.
if i take choice 3,i dont know if you can have 2 cards registered at the same address.i know that i would be able to pick the sports package up here as they are transmitting on the southern beam. i also dont know if i can subscribe to setanta sorts from wales.

if i take choice 2, i dont know if they will be
transmitting sky sports on the irish beam which is 2a north,or the british beam which is 2b south.

choice 3,i am still waiting for conformation to see if they are transmitting on both beams for sky sports.
i only have a 1 meter dish so can only receive the southern beam.
thanks in advance for any answers.

teide_ian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Home-Amstrad Sky Digi-box on 60cm dish. Bar - Pace Sky English Digi-box and Grundig Sky Eire Digi-box linked to a 2.4m Channel master dish with a single dual output LNB. Digibox for ART network on 90cm dish. Digibox for Digitalalb subscription. Di
My Location
Canary Islands
Im also living in tenerife and subscribe to sky ireland and sky england.Sky ireland(setanta etc) i pay via credit card so not needing an irish address as i set this up through a company here. The english i pay through an account in england.Not sure what you get on a 1 metre dish But i have had problems with a 2.4 as previously posted.What Football, how many games are you trying to get?

jacko

Reaction score
hello ian.
i am also running a sports bar in tenerife,like yourself.
managing to pick up most of the footie with 3 art cards,also got a tm 1500 connected to the internet to
pick up the footie on tps.in the process of connecting up a visonnet receiver to the internet to pick up some extra channels.but i need sky sports ,the setanta package and man u tv,then i think i am pretty much covered.

Mike4t

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Solid 2.4M C120 Invacom0.03db twin, ADF120 Feedhorn, Pace2600 & Pace DS430N. SKY package exc Sports
My Location
Costa Blanca
If you get the card from ROI,, you may miss a some of the channels such as ITV and BBC, which may be excluded from your card line up and you may be offered RTE channels instead, the problem is that I believe they are very difficult to receive in your area without a very big dish.. Suggest you get the Welsh option if you can then you can have good access to the sports on ITV and BBC as well. Local UK Sky installers should only charge a nominal fee for the Card and set up, then its the same subscription as in UK, you would need a UK credit card or bank account.

jacko

Reaction score
hi mike 4t,
got my card.
my brother in law has arranged everything for me
from n.ireland,going to get him to get it activated tomorrow.

Mike4t

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Solid 2.4M C120 Invacom0.03db twin, ADF120 Feedhorn, Pace2600 & Pace DS430N. SKY package exc Sports
My Location
Costa Blanca

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
teide_ian said:
Im also living in tenerife and subscribe to sky ireland and sky england.Sky ireland(setanta etc) i pay via credit card so not needing an irish address as i set this up through a company here. The english i pay through an account in england.Not sure what you get on a 1 metre dish But i have had problems with a 2.4 as previously posted.What Football, how many games are you trying to get?

I think you got something mixed up here!

The Setanta channels are Irish all right, but can actually be subscribed to anywhere.

To clarify, there are actually 3 separate SKY subscription areas: two in Ireland (North (=partly UK and Irish) and South) and one in the UK. SKY Ireland (South) will not included channels like CH4 and Five, but the four terrestrial (RTE1, RTE2, TV3 and TG4). SKY up in Ulster will also include RTE1, RTE2 etc.

SKY Setanta can be included on both UK and Irish subscriptions as they don't have anything to do with SKY except using the encryption...

Some of the differences are in the adverts so when you for example watch E4 Ireland (South), the output is exactly the same as E4 (UK and North) except the commercials will be targeted towards Ireland.

Why would you subscribe to both the UK and the Irish SKY platform when rest of the channels are identical?

geoffreys

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 2.4m dish, Invacom 0.2dB LNB (single), Pace 430N
My Location
Famagusta District, Cyprus
jacko said:
hello,
am living in tenerife and want to order sky sports
package and setanta sports.
i have three choices.
1. can order off a supplier in the r.o.i.
2. try to order it with my wifes parents in n.ireland.
3.my parents live in wales but already have the sky package.
if i take choice 3,i dont know if you can have 2 cards registered at the same address.i know that i would be able to pick the sports package up here as they are transmitting on the southern beam. i also dont know if i can subscribe to setanta sorts from wales.

if i take choice 2, i dont know if they will be
transmitting sky sports on the irish beam which is 2a north,or the british beam which is 2b south.

choice 3,i am still waiting for conformation to see if they are transmitting on both beams for sky sports.
i only have a 1 meter dish so can only receive the southern beam.
thanks in advance for any answers.

If it is for a business (Sports Bar) then I assume it will increase the profits. So why not just buy a bigger dish that will enable you to receive all the SKY satellites, including 2D? Then just subscribe to the full package (UK). I think in UK bars etc pay a much higher subscription than do individuals, whereas in Spain/Canaries you would avoid that surcharge.

Geoff/Cyprus

jacko

Reaction score
hi geoff,
ordered the card through my wifes parents in n. ireland.i now have sky sports 1,2 and 3.cant get a bigger dish,2.4 metres, no room.have a few art cards
as well for the 3 o clock matches on saturdays.
about to order setanta sports,think that will be enough for a while.
cheers.

geoffreys

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 2.4m dish, Invacom 0.2dB LNB (single), Pace 430N
My Location
Famagusta District, Cyprus
jacko said:
hi geoff,
ordered the card through my wifes parents in n. ireland.i now have sky sports 1,2 and 3.cant get a bigger dish,2.4 metres, no room.have a few art cards
as well for the 3 o clock matches on saturdays.
about to order setanta sports,think that will be enough for a while.
cheers.

Fair enough Jacko, pity you have no room for a bigger dish. Here in Cyprus some bars get together and share the cost of a big dish, located on one of the premises who has the space. Then with a dual (or more, e.g. quad LNB feeding 4 bars) feed to each bar.

Cheers,
Geoff