Original or clone? Official dealer or other source?

daviddem

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hotbird, Arabsat and Nilesat. Currently using a cheap Mediastar box, looking into replacing it with a Dreambox
My Location
Dubai
Hi,

I am looking into buying a 7020. Any advice on whether I should buy an original from an official dealer or at the other extremity, a chinese clone on eBay? Are there recommended clones? Any of them available in Dubai?

David

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
My recommendation is to buy an original from local dealers.
I think that there is no VAT tax in your location so it will cost you less than for someone in Europe and there is no shipment cost or the hassle of customs clearance.

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Stay away from clones as loong as U can.

They are living (for sure) a very short live.

Was not sure that 7020 was cloned, but still don´t buy it if U want the full power of the dreambox.

Not meaning that the clones are no good (I don´t know, really) but the support for them will (sooner or later) vanish

If U buy one, don´t ever upgrade it Keep it as it is, and if U just use it for Your own pleasure - I am sure it will work fine.

But not in CS :mad:

daviddem

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hotbird, Arabsat and Nilesat. Currently using a cheap Mediastar box, looking into replacing it with a Dreambox
My Location
Dubai
Thanks for the advice. I bought an original 7020 and got around to do the satellite setup (3 satellites of interest available in my building: HotBird, NileSat and ArabSat). I also put it on my home network and flashed it with the latest Gemini image. I now start my research on how to install EMU's and keys.

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Spend your time learning about CCcam and card sharing mate. With emu's and keys you will always have limitations. With card sharing limitations are NONE !