overclocking a old satellite receiver,with faster ram and cpu?

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
always,when i turn on my old 9800 mediamster,because of good clear picture quality,i ask my self,how i can make this slow mashine,a little bit faster in zaping,and handling the menu,did someone ever tried to oeverclock his satallite receiver,with faster memory,and higher cpu core,or is this nearly a imposible mission?
also for a pc freak?
i think,older big mainboards,have more option to do this,then todays small ones,with high integrated electronics!
thanks for your input!

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Well, given that the RAM and CPU are integrated, I think it would be very tough to remove both without causing damage to the rest of the board, plus there's a lot of other components that would need to be changed to cope with newer hardware, and the software would need to be rewritten and tested and debugged and allsorts, not to mention it would be hard to find a CPU that could replace the one already fitted, as not all CPUs are the same and have different hardware requirements... :(

An interesting idea, but, it's just impractical in reality, the easier way to speed up the CPU though is to keep it cool, cooling CPUs down can help increase their clock speeds, but, that's not guaranteed.... :)