Own Home to Small Hotel

inet-projects

Reaction score
My Location
Zwiesel, Bavarian Forest, Germany.
Hi,

I recently bought a small hotel in the Bavarian Forest, Germany, It has 8 Rooms and a Breakfast room and each of the rooms has a sat tv, the recievers are old Amstrad SR 100-2 which is the old Analog System.

Questions

When will this Analog System be phased out ?

The rooms work off 3 Sat dishes with a Multiswitch, am I right in saying that if I upgraded the LNBs the old Analog recievers will still work if I put digial recievers in some of the rooms as I cannot upgrade all in one go ?

Am I going about this in the right way or is there a cheaper option ?

Thanks

SU

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well Astra are phasing out analogue signals gradually, probably 18 months to total switchover.

For reception of the digital services, you will need a quatro LNB with four feeds into a standard multiswitch, or quad LNB into a Q2 capable multiswitch. Older Analogue systems only had two inputs, H and V.

You say you have three dishes, are these all pointing to Astra 1?

inet-projects

Reaction score
My Location
Zwiesel, Bavarian Forest, Germany.
Yes they are all pointing at Astra 1 ....

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
All remaining 19E analogue signals will be turned off on 30th April 2012. MTV goes on Dec 31st this year.

Others will disappear in 2011 as the carriage contracts run out.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
OK, so you can cut it down to 1 decent dish with a quatro LNB, and a 5/12 multiswitch (in case you want a couple of feeds for yourself). Digital receivers are pretty cheap, you could probably buy replacements for all room for €400 or so.

If you can upload a photo of your existing kit it would be useful.:)