Pace 2600c1 forced update now working

jtkeep

Reaction score
To all the suffering Pace owners with old EPG software,
I have just now done a forced update and it went from 3.2.11 to 3.4.4b and all seems to be working now.

All the best Thomas

koansrc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 3.0m @ 28.2 w PACE
My Location
Athens-Greece
Thomas, did you just follow procedure for the update ? IOW where you previously stuck on 3.2.11 or just never attempted an update before ?
Thanks.

thegadgitman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4m dish Pace DS430N. Kaon receiver 120Gb drive. 90cm Motorised, invacom Lnb, Dragon, Diablo. PC twin 2.4Ghz processors, 600Gb Harddrives.
My Location
Costa Blanca
Hi, I am stuck on 3.3B.5 epg software and have tried all the forced update options but still will not update. Any ideas.

jtkeep

Reaction score
Hi Koansrc i bought it on Ebay in September 2006 it kept losing chanels and freezing so the update was very welcome, i did try to force update about 30 times before it finally got it.

I did it by pressing the the update button on the front while switching the mains off then on, keep the button pressed until all lights go on, on front panel, it will take about 10-15 minutes do not switch off untill its finished.

Do make shure that your signal is good on the default transponder before you force an update.

All the best Thomas

devonbrown

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
4 systems. In Scotland Freesat with Humax Foxsat recorder. In Algarve 1.5 fixed Inv Quad LNB with 3 Pace 2600C1 and 1 Amstrad HD DRX780UK also 80cm dish with Inverto 0.2db monoblock LNB (19.2E/26E) feeding Technomate 5000CI+ usb.
My Location
Scotlandl and Algarve
I was stuck on 3.2.11 for over 1 year. I had put box in a cupboard. last week I took it out and tried a forced download with no joy. as I was going away for 1 week I left it connected. On my return everything was working and the software was 3.5.3

sat man

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No dish,no aerial as live in flat!! Communal stuff on roof.
My Location
Southsea, Hants
Sky did a software update about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Mine box was was 3.2.11 for several months too. Seems like you just missed it !!

Menorcaman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2600C1 +
1.3 metre offset dish
My Location
Ciutadella, Menorca, Balearics
Yep. Recently bought a Pace 2600C1 on ebay that was on EPG 3.2.11 and wouldn't accept forced updates. Left it connected for a few days and it updated automatically to 3.4.4b. Then, a couple of weeks ago, it updated itself to 3.5.3. :)

Regards

devonbrown

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
4 systems. In Scotland Freesat with Humax Foxsat recorder. In Algarve 1.5 fixed Inv Quad LNB with 3 Pace 2600C1 and 1 Amstrad HD DRX780UK also 80cm dish with Inverto 0.2db monoblock LNB (19.2E/26E) feeding Technomate 5000CI+ usb.
My Location
Scotlandl and Algarve
Bump for rellstar

bkloco

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3 M prime focus C120 quad LNB feeding Sky plus box.
98 cm off set focus motorised dish quad LNB feeding Technomate TM-6800 HD Super.
1M Fixed dish single LNB feeding TM-5400 CI+ USB
My Location
Paphos region of Cyprus
I bought a Pace 2600 from the wonderful e-bay that supposedly would not update.:mad: Mind you it only cost me £35 :):)
After several attempts (AT LEAST 20) I hooked up the box on the shortest patch lead I could get away with (about 2 meters direct from the lnb with the box ballanced on a window sill). This improved the signal strength and quality and the box then updated on the first attempt.:)
It would seem you need a very strong, high quality signal to get these boxes to update these days. I can't explain this but it worked for me.;)

T

thedavid

bkloco said:
I bought a Pace 2600 from the wonderful e-bay that supposedly would not update.:mad: Mind you it only cost me £35 :):)
After several attempts (AT LEAST 20) I hooked up the box on the shortest patch lead I could get away with (about 2 meters direct from the lnb with the box ballanced on a window sill). This improved the signal strength and quality and the box then updated on the first attempt.:)
It would seem you need a very strong, high quality signal to get these boxes to update these days. I can't explain this but it worked for me.;)

Thanks for that tip. I'll give it a try. I've been trying to update my 2600 for weeks.

bassy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2600c1
Forstec 2.4 petalised dish
My Location
Valencia, Spain
My pace 2600c1 box is on 3.4.4b, model number 1.0.67 and rang customer services to activate my freesat card to see C5 and C4. They say EPG needs updating to newer version and model number needs to update to 1.0.75. Tried forced updates etc etc - no joy

Does anyone know if this is true - does it matter for card activation? I want to tell them it´s updated even though it hasn´t to get my card activated!

Thanks

sat man

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No dish,no aerial as live in flat!! Communal stuff on roof.
My Location
Southsea, Hants
HI,

I've tried several times to do a software update from here in Spain and it's never worked !!. Went to UK 5 weeks ago and took an old pace 2200 box for my Mum to use and I updated it first time no problem. So it seems to do a forced update in Spain is never gonna work, but when Sky sent out the auto updates they work. Not sure how important it is to activate the card but got a feeling it's got to be up to date to enable the card.
Hope this is useful

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
It doesn't matter where you are- the software update stream is only active from time to time for older models- a forced update when the stream is not active will not produce a result. My guess is that they rotate the updates between models using only one update data source.
My 2600CI is in the UK and is still on 3.3b.5.
If if find it updates automatically (forcing it hasn't worked) I'll post here to indicate when updates are possible.

koansrc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 3.0m @ 28.2 w PACE
My Location
Athens-Greece
PACE 2600 in Athens auto updated to 3.5.3 quite some time ago. Signal strength is about 50% ( long cable run ) and signal quality around 75%.