Pace digibox distribution problem

sdavies182

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Sky plus box with 93 cm dish
My Location
Hungary
Currently use a Pace DS445NB which I believe is a wideband receiver and this works fine for most free to air stations with a 1m dish

Connecting the DS445NB up to the one LCD using a coax cable is fine.
However I have a problem with the RF coax signal out when I need to distribute the signal around the house using a standard 8 way splitter

My previous Sky box which wasn't wideband worked fine thro a 8 way splitter - is it a case of newer Sky boxes are being produced which makes them less compatible with splitters ( and so forcing punters to buy additional Sky boxes and use their multi room subscription ? )

If so I am on the look out for a good general purpose wideband receiver ( no need for Sky plus ) which will work with a splitter

Can anyone recommend a good receiver which I will be able to pick up on ebay ?

thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry not sure what you mean by wideband receiver, the Pace Sky digibox is no different in general specification from any of the other Sky digiboxes. It may be that your earlier digibox gave a slightly higher RF out signal than the Pace, but most digiboxes would struggle to provide enough RF output to use an 8 way splitter, the through loss of which must be more than 10db.

To solve the problem simply install a small launch amplifier.