PANASONIC TU-DSB30 stuck in standby

exntlman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital
My Location
BRADFORD
hi all, would appreciate any help on this problem, my kids are driving me mad, as they are unable to watch POKEMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-doh!

about 11am today my sky panasonic tu-dsb30 just powered off, and will not come out of standby. i have rung sky, and they are telling me i must pay £65 for a callout. being a tight yorkshireman:) i have had a look on the internet, and found this wonderful forum.

i stumbled accross something else which said that if you cut one end off diode d814, and this does not fix the problem it is most likely to be the psu.

anyone any other suggestions? or where can i get the psu, or anyone know of anywhere that will do it for me for a reasonable cost? i am in yorks?

thanks in advance for anyone taking the time to help me out:)

ian

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Ian, welcome to the forum.

Can't help with the diode question I'm afraid, but the TUDSB30 is getting a little long in the tooth now and this may be the ideal time to look at an upgrade, many take this type of opportunity to upgrade to Sky +, or at the very least one of the current generation of boxes. MCES are based up your way I believe and offer a digibox repair service, but bearing in mind that you can buy a brand new one for £90 or less, it may not be worth while.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Sounds like it's had it, you could try to get another TUDSB30 (or any other sky digibox) off ebay for a lot less than what sky are asking for, unless you're handy with a soldering iron in which case you could try to repair the PSU, but there's no real guarantee that repairing the PSU would last for long enough before it goes again...

exntlman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital
My Location
BRADFORD
:-thumb1 for the advice. if i bought a box from say ebay, can i just ring sky with the new viewing card no?

are the cards paired with the boxes? or can i use my own card?

will sky let me do this?

thanks again fellas

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, keep your existing card and phone them to pair it. :)

exntlman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital
My Location
BRADFORD
great top man..... seen a pace ds430n on ebay nearly new for about £20 fairly local.

any good?

or any recommendations rolf

many thanks

ian

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
you can use your original card, just pop it in and there you go, pairing is needed for premium channels (sky movies, sports etc) so if you have these you will need to call sky up and pair your card with your new box, but otherwise it's not really required...

max.max

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 fixed dish 90cm invacom0.3 dual 13°E -
1 fixed dish 130cm cambridge lnb 0.6 28°E -
1 panasonic 30 and 1 amstrad sky digiboxes - 1 echostar 808ci viaccess - dragon, joker, CAS 3 I/F
My Location
rome, italy
surely I'm too late, but i've noticed this message only now. I am one the unlucky owners of the panny30 and I live in a fringe reception area where the panny freezes in stand-by every time it gets cloudy somewhere in the signal path :the stand by and remote sensor leds (green and red lights) are both on and are stuck like that. Have you tried to unplug it from the mains and then power it again after a few seconds? it usually works and when you switch it on again it should get all the listings back after less than 1 minute.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
As a matter of interest I had two customers call me after their 30's went into standby then "searching for listings".After doing a new installation procedure they came on normally.Anyway I found out that they both had a software upgrade.
I cant remember the new software but the old was something like 3.4b.Can any other 30 owner confirm this?
I havent had any reports of other make/models upgrading yet.Maybe its a fix for the 30's. ?

streetlighter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Virgin V+HD XL Technomate 6800 Astra+Hotbird FTA on 60 cm dish
My Location
Cheshire
Id avoid any Amstrad DRX100,200 And any off the Grundig GDS200 which have a known power supply fault. The latest Sky box design from Thompson and Amstrad is not that good either looks nice but it often locks up. Id go for a Panasonic DSB 35,40 or 50 seen a nice example of the later go for over £60 quid on eBay the other week.

exntlman said:
great top man..... seen a pace ds430n on ebay nearly new for about £20 fairly local.

any good?

or any recommendations rolf

many thanks

ian

SIMISWORKSHOP

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a Panasonic Sky Digi box model no: TU-DSB30 for viewing purposes (no movies) & a DELL dimension 4600 computer system with Windows XP & AOL 9 (Broadband)
My Location
UK
2cvbloke said:
Sounds like it's had it, you could try to get another TUDSB30 (or any other sky digibox) off ebay for a lot less than what sky are asking for, unless you're handy with a soldering iron in which case you could try to repair the PSU, but there's no real guarantee that repairing the PSU would last for long enough before it goes again...

What is the PSU as I am also having probs with my Panasonic TUDSB30 in fact we have been unable to watch sky now for almost a week - I think the problem with my box is the aerial connection (the cable with the weird screw in connection on the left hand side at the back of the box that connects to the sky dish outside) The actual circular connection which is attached to the back of the box, I think is not making a connection inside the box to complete the circuit, hence no signal! have taken it apart & tried to solder it & thought it was working again but the back connection is still dodgy - any useful advice?? I'd love to get it up & running again myself, without having to dish out on a Sky call-out fee!!
Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Simi

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
,i have the same reveiver,since a couple of month,it hangs during bootsreen searchin new channels

also,i have the next latest modell dsb 31

but,i need,new power supply,for this modell,coz this of the older panasonic dsb 30 is not compatible,does any one have a power supply,from a resveiver,that has other faults then power supply?
then,i could change,it,and,reveiver,would work!