PAS10 at 68.5 degree East

pishogay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky, Echolink 3020IR Plus
My Location
North Yorkshire
Hello
i just moved to the UK but i want to watch the programms on the PAS10. can anybody tell me what size dish i will need and which receiver is good for it? and its both C+Ku Band. and tell me the exact dish elevation and direction please. Your help will be much appreciated
Thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
elevation is 0-10 degrees in the uk. Direction is out towards the south east. Only the European beam is visible in the UK - so if you want SABC, forget it.

pishogay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Yorkshire
i want to receive the TEN SPORTS and ESPNStar sports as they show a lots of cricket and i am a BIG fan of cricket. i have a minidish for the Astra 28.2 but i dont want to subscribe to sky. so i cant watch cricket here. how many satellites are in our range in the UK. are there any other sports channels which broadcast cricket?
can you give me the names of the satellites which we can watch in the UK?
thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
With downlink power on the C-band transmissions at about 32 dBW you are going to need something like a 3m diameter dish in the garden! Thats getting on for 10 feet :-lmao

Loads of sats easily available in the uk - 45W to 53E shouldnt be too problematic in most of the uk. A little bit further if you have good flat horizons out between SW and SE

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you want cricket subscribe to Sky Sports. they have loads on. Apparently - I cant stand the game....

pishogay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Yorkshire
Thanks for the massege. i am in the north Yorkshire in Harrogate area so which satellites are available to me and what kind of dish will need it for it.
i am still an expert for the asian satellites and i had 2 dish in my country one 3 meter and the other 120 cm to watch hotbird.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ive already given you the list. An 80 cm dish will give you most of them. For comparison you could check out my digital site www.digitalsat.co.uk. Everything on there is available to me with an assortment of 80cm dishes (there are a few channels I only get on my 1m dish but these are noted.). Im only 150 miles or so north of you so your reception should be fairly similar.

Forget the C-band stuff on 68E - unless you live in the middle of nowhere the chances of you getting planning permission for a 10 foot dish in the uk is near zero.

R

Rd100

I can get pas 7 at 68.5 east and used to watch sabc now and then only e.tv is there now and like analoguesat said you can not get sabc now as it has moved to pas10 africa beam

pishogay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Yorkshire
i was just browsing and saw that the Multichoice Africa is also broadcasting their package on 36.o East ( Eutelsat sesat+Eutelsat W4). so i want to know that what size of dish i will need to watch it. All i am interested to watch Cricket on SuperSport and dont want to subscribe to SKY.
Thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
MCAfrica are transmitting on African beams. Theres no chance whatsoever of getting these beam in the UK.

Bite the bullet and sub to Sky Sports

Kingsmill

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky digital Minidish, 4 LNB
My Location
East Kent
Analoguesat said:
MCAfrica are transmitting on African beams. Theres no chance whatsoever of getting these beam in the UK.

Bite the bullet and sub to Sky Sports
Thats what my brother I think is thinking of doing once I've set my system up although he might just get the cheapest subscription so he can get Eurosport as someone said although its an FTA channel you need a subscription to watch it? no idea if it is any good but he is in to a lot of different sports mainly triathlons and cricket although if there is a decent football match on he will watch it similarly if there is a pretty tennis player bouncing around the court.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Eurosport is in the basic pay pack in the UK. Some of the foreign variants are fta on other satellites, and Eurosport International is still in fta English (but only in analogue) on 19E

shaftron

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite
My Location
tanzania
Rd100 said:
I can get pas 7 at 68.5 east and used to watch sabc now and then only e.tv is there now and like analoguesat said you can not get sabc now as it has moved to pas10 africa beam
if you have a c-band satellite dish and a receiver with key updater move to intelsat 906 at 62 deg east the frequency is 3996 symbole rate=26657. with left polarisation. bonne chance...

R

Rd100

but you would need a 3 or 4 m dish in the uk for it and that aint something you can put on the front of your house/flat in the uk

shaftron said:
if you have a c-band satellite dish and a receiver with key updater move to intelsat 906 at 62 deg east the frequency is 3996 symbole rate=26657. with left polarisation. bonne chance...

Dharshana

satellite tv addict
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tecnosat 6500 built in connax descrambler reciver.8 feet c band dish.
My Location
Srilanka
Hi
How do you get tens sport from the south african package.Where can I find the keys.Can I get the channel using a decorder.pls help
thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Dharshana said:
Hi
How do you get tens sport from the south african package.Where can I find the keys.Can I get the channel using a decorder.pls help
thanks

You pay for it or you do without. Its totally secure.