Passion + reboots on HD channels

carlos65

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion plus, Sky, Win XP
My Location
Merseyside
Since the weekend my Passion+ has started random reboots when watching BBC & ITV HD channels. When restarting it hangs at the 'update' screen until I select skip. The firmware is up to date and so far the problem only seems to happen on HD after a short viewing time.
Any ideas?
cheers

lukepml

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar passion+
My Location
Essex
I have the same problem but only with BBC HD, reboots after 15 minutes of viewing. I've tried 'factory settings' but no joy. Have you managed to resolve the problem?
Regards, Luke.

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
I too have had this happen to me over the weekend it's worrying as now two more people have had this happen also,it as not happened again but I am off to watch the Italy game so I will be interested to see if this was a once only thing only time will tell,

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
I feel I must post again as I sat down to watch the Italy game on the Beeb's HD channel my machine rebooted itself again,I watched the first half(45 minutes or so)without incident but during the half time talk in the studio it did it again,the fact that along with myself two other users had the same thing happen makes me think it maybe a technical issue with signal and not a machine fault(crosses fingers)also it only happened on the BBC HD channel,had it been just one person reporting this happening would make me think it was a machine fault but 3 people it's too much of a coincidence for it not to be a technical fault with transmission,maybe someone else can shed light on this

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its almost certainly a problem in the transmission - there are numerous reports over on the DS forum of Fortec HD boxes having started to reboot in the last 2-3 weeks, but only on the BBC HD channel.

Conclusion - the BBC have changed something and the Fortec boxes dont like it.

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
Guessed right then(Damned BBC)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Nah - damned cheap and nasty Fortec boxes :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Apparently reverting to the September s/w sorts the problem out.

briangw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1000
Samsung 40" TV
FS Passion+160Gb
Samsung 22" TV
Humax Foxsat
Hannspree 22" HDMI
1.8m Prodelin offset
Triax Cascade System
with 19 Apartments
My Location
Los Lobos, SE Spain (Lat: 37.3087° Long: -1.7647°)
According to Fortec Star, this will be fixed by Friday in time for next England WC game :-

_http://www.fortecstar.com/whatsnew/index.asp?task=itemview&id=139

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
briangw said:
According to Fortec Star, this will be fixed by Friday in time for next England WC game :-

_http://www.fortecstar.com/whatsnew/index.asp?task=itemview&id=139

It looks as though it was a problem that cannot be easily fixed as England's game came and went(After the display they put up against Algeria then they aren't in any hurry)I think I will switch to Analoguesat suggestion of reverting back a Software update

Cooldude007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Panasonic PX42TH80b
Onkyo 506
B&W DM 602
Fortec Star Passion+
My Location
London
Dear Users

Its happening to me too but not only on BBC HD but also on ITV HD. I contacted Maplin and looks like my warranty was only 12 months so I am out of wattanty.

THere is no new software at FortecStar website and I have emailed them this problem about 3 times now.

How do you reverse the software to september, in case I need to do that.

Cheers and bye

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
Cooldude007 said:
Dear Users

Its happening to me too but not only on BBC HD but also on ITV HD. I contacted Maplin and looks like my warranty was only 12 months so I am out of wattanty.

THere is no new software at FortecStar website and I have emailed them this problem about 3 times now.

How do you reverse the software to september, in case I need to do that.

Cheers and bye

Go here and chose the September option

_www.fortecstar.com/downloads/index.asp?products=114%2C1

carlos65

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion plus, Sky, Win XP
My Location
Merseyside
I never resolved the problem it just stopped happening on its own until the World Cup started, then only BBCHD was a problem, ITV ok except for their own cockups. When it first started earlier in the year I contacted Fortec but they had no suggestions to fix it.

lukepml

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar passion+
My Location
Essex
I see that the 'fix by 18th June' in the Fortecstar 'company news' has been removed, no other date posted, have they given up the ghost?? If the September download fixes the problem, it would seem to me that Fortecstar should easily be able to resolve it, too simplistic??

briangw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1000
Samsung 40" TV
FS Passion+160Gb
Samsung 22" TV
Humax Foxsat
Hannspree 22" HDMI
1.8m Prodelin offset
Triax Cascade System
with 19 Apartments
My Location
Los Lobos, SE Spain (Lat: 37.3087° Long: -1.7647°)
This has been on the Fortec Star site all day :-

21-Jun-2010
“We are pleased to announce the issue concerning BBC HD has now been resolved. For customers using software earlier than Dec 2009 it is not necessary to go through the upgrade process.
Please ensure you load the correct software for the correct model as we have revised the software for all HD models.
Again we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we are pleased that the software issue has now been resolved.
Sincerely,
Jonathan Ashley

Although no actual sign of the download being available anywhere on the site ! ! ! ! !

D

danny2016

Having reported this problem myself to Fortec Star technical support via email.

I have received the update via email from Fortec Star today (21.06.10) for the Innovation HD receiver, and having now updated the STB the issues with regards the BBC HD problem, the STB has been tuned to BBC HD for a couple of hours and not one reboot.

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
briangw said:
This has been on the Fortec Star site all day :-

21-Jun-2010
“We are pleased to announce the issue concerning BBC HD has now been resolved. For customers using software earlier than Dec 2009 it is not necessary to go through the upgrade process.
Please ensure you load the correct software for the correct model as we have revised the software for all HD models.
Again we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we are pleased that the software issue has now been resolved.
Sincerely,
Jonathan Ashley

Although no actual sign of the download being available anywhere on the site ! ! ! ! !

No doubt I will be posting on this matter after the next evening kick off on the BEEB, one way or the other maybe it was only a quick phone call from Fortec to the BBC to sort out this problem as you say it only started when the world cup kicked off but it also happened while I was watching Doctor Who HD on Saturday

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
Further to this problem I noticed that the BBC problem statement on Fortecs website is back so the problem as not been fixed as they again working on it,I started watching the Argentina v Greece game on HD and my machine rebooted 3 times in nearly as many minutes,so I have reverted back to Septembers software and it as behaved itself so until they do fix it I will be in no hurry to stray from this software version

Cooldude007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Panasonic PX42TH80b
Onkyo 506
B&W DM 602
Fortec Star Passion+
My Location
London
Dear All

FortecStar today contacted me and emailed me the new software with instructions. If you still having the BBC HD or ITV HD problems then either contact FS or email me at email removed - admin and I will forward you their email.

Take care

Malik

juclarie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dead Kathrein UFS910 can anyone fix??

Fortec Star Passion+
My Location
UK
So is there a solution to this or not? I'm confused... :-doh!