Status
Not open for further replies.

harry22g_s

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm 500s
My Location
canada
Hi guys....i have dreambox 500s....nd m living in canada...if i want open my setup option in my dream box...that want 4 digit password...i already tryed 1111...0000...5555....all this....bt its not opening....how can i change my password....nd open it....if i try to flash with dreamup software....my box is not conecting...nd ....if i use dcc software...user name root nd password dreambox is not working....how can i do this....plz exaplain me????? Plz step by step

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I suspect you are using a box set up for card sharing in which case the password will be known by the person who set up the share and therefore the password will remain just that a password unknown by you. If you want to watch encrypted programs and be in control of such things then buy a subscription

A nonymous

Reaction score
The only way to get round the password is by reflashing a new image to the box with Dreamup or to ask the person who sold you the box.

Unfortunately it will give your box a full factory reset in the process meaning that all your channel lists, emus, configurations etc etc will be lost forever.

Make sure you use an NTSC image for your box. Most available ones are PAL. You can alter a PAL image to use NTSC but if your TV cannot display a PAL encoded signal you won't be able to see what you are doing in order to set it to NTSC.

Use this URL to find out how to flash your box

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/dm-500-information

Nano

harry22g_s

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm 500s
My Location
canada
One guy setup my dish....close a plaza of my house......how can i remove password and reset it....m not use any card in my box....plz help me....to reset the both password

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors

A nonymous

Reaction score
Read the above post, that is the only way to do it. If you are using a payserver i have no sympathy for you. Contact the person who set the box up or flash a new image to it. Thats your only two options.

Now i have read your other posts it is confirmed you are using a card share payserver. Do not ask any further questions regarding this otherwise your membership may be suspended.

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.