pc card for 4:2:2 feeds

drifter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
samsung
9500cia
My Location
uk
Hi,i have read this forum for advise over the past few days as i would like to view satellite feeds in the 4:2:2 format but i am having difficulty in deciding which pc card to purchase,i had decided to order the technisat skystar1 1.3 tv out or the Hauppauge nexus-s from the dvbshop.net but was told that the skystar1 1.3 was no longer produced and the nexus-s was not being sold anymore and to order the : Technotrend S2300 Premium "modded" HI-Q as this was similar to the nexus-s.Could anyone please give me there opinions as to what would be the correct pc card for me to purchase,my details are below:

1. I only have a 400mhz Intel Pentium II processor.

2. I have a samsung 9500 via ci receiver and am mainly interested in
viewing 4:2:2 feeds only.

3. I would like to view on a seperate tv.

4. how to set up the pc card to my 1.2 diseq moteck motor which is
being used by my samsung sat receiver (has a loop through).

any advise would be much appreciated,thanks

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
The shop you mention has several versions of the SS1 card, some modded some not. Doesn't make much odds as far as I can tell.

You WILL need a card with onboard decoding due to the speed of your PC however so you are on the right track there.

You will have to choose which of the two will control your motor, as trying to use both just gets messy.

The PCI sat card has video and audio out so just run these to your AV input on your other TV.

Rgds

L.

drifter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
samsung
9500cia
My Location
uk
thanks lancelot,does this mean that the technotrend s2300 is just another version of the ss1 ? would it be possible to put a splitter onto the motor cable from the samsung receiver and the pci card and switch as required ? and also would it be possible to record the feeds i would be able to watch ?
thanks for your time m8,the advise i have sought from this forum the past few days has been invaluable.
http://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php?products_id=337

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Which one you drive it with is up to you, but if you go down the both route then one or both will loose count of where the motor is. Plus you will be stuck with watching the same pol and band on both the devices. Just fit a twin LNB and run a cable to the reciecver which doesn't drive the motor. that way you can watch two diferent transponders on the same satellite with no interference between devices.

The SS1 will record directly to HD However having tried this many years ago on an AMD K6 3 400, even with 192Mb of memory it is too slow to recieve and write to the HD at the same time.
Your best bet is to use the AV O/P of the SS1 to record to video or DVD.

Yes there are several SS1 types

L.:)

drifter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
samsung
9500cia
My Location
uk
cheers lancelot,thanks for your time

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
You're welcome :)

Keep us informed

L. :-HoHo

drifter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
samsung
9500cia
My Location