pc card which one

Hello everybody I live in france I would like to know which pc card is good to watch canalsat.I notice there is very different prices.thank

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Welcome Thierry, there is no difference in what can be received with the most popular cards, only in the extra features they offer.

If you want a budget system, then the Skystar2 is a cracking piece of kit, if you are looking for a card with a hardware processor and a TV out, then the Skystar1 or Hauppauge DVBs will cost more, but provide the same channels.

You will need to use one of the front end programs like MyTheatre and a softcam like Multidec.

rolfw said:
Welcome Thierry, there is no difference in what can be received with the most popular cards, only in the extra features they offer.

If you want a budget system, then the Skystar2 is a cracking piece of kit, if you are looking for a card with a hardware processor and a TV out, then the Skystar1 or Hauppauge DVBs will cost more, but provide the same channels.

You will need to use one of the front end programs like MyTheatre and a softcam like Multidec.
I' d like to buy a USB version of a PC sat card, wich one you suggest.
I 'like to use Poorman cam to communicate with the smart card (or a CI cam interface) and I' don't think I need a hardware processor (i'got a Pentium IV 2.4 GHz laptop and a AMD 1.7 GHz desktop) and I don't need a Tv out feature!
Any suggestion ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire