PC feed from Astra

MPlb

Reaction score
Normally I use a Pace Sky digibox with a Sky freesat (blue card) to feed my Panasonic TV. However, the damn TV blew up recently.

Whilst I'm waiting for the TV to be repaired I want to feed my Apple iMac with the signal from the satellite dish.

I'm led to believe that most of the channels (BBC, ITV, C4 etc) are now available unencrypted and free to air over the same satellite so I don't really need the Sky digibox any more.

Does anyone know if I'll be able to use a device shown below to feed my iMac?

_http://www.terratec.net/en/products/Cinergy_S_USB_Mac_2268.html

It has a connector for the cable from the satellite dish and looks to be what I'm after.

I'm just a but confused by the DVB-S part of it. Is the TV signal I pick up from Astra DVB-S compatible?

Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, should be fine.

PS. Please don't post live external links, disable them by prefixing with an underscore.

mickeymci

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VISTA ULTIM
AMD 5600 X2
2GB Memory
Technotrend 3650 CI DVB-S2
Compro 350 DVB-S
Hauppauge 900 DVB-T
NVIDIA GeForce 7600
And this doesnt' work the way I want it too. :(
My Location
Scotland
MPlb said:
Normally I use a Pace Sky digibox with a Sky freesat (blue card) to feed my Panasonic TV. However, the damn TV blew up recently.

Whilst I'm waiting for the TV to be repaired I want to feed my Apple iMac with the signal from the satellite dish.

I'm led to believe that most of the channels (BBC, ITV, C4 etc) are now available unencrypted and free to air over the same satellite so I don't really need the Sky digibox any more.

Does anyone know if I'll be able to use a device shown below to feed my iMac?

_http://www.terratec.net/en/products/Cinergy_S_USB_Mac_2268.html

It has a connector for the cable from the satellite dish and looks to be what I'm after.

I'm just a but confused by the DVB-S part of it. Is the TV signal I pick up from Astra DVB-S compatible?

Thanks

Note that this box does not have a CI slot - so you will not get FIVER, FIVE US as they are still encrypted.

If I had to do it all again (Currently own Technotrend 3650ci, horrible support) I would have gone with FloppyTV as it's MAC/PC and they seem to have very good support.

Mickey