PCMCIA Error

bigboogaloo

Reaction score
Hello, I am very new to this forum and also to the Matrix Reloaded CAM that I bought a few weeks ago. When I first got it I was able to view DESPORTE 1, 2 and 3 from Canal Satellite on Astra 19.2. Yesterday when I tried to watch my card would not initalize. Am I right in thinking that I have to update my Matrix Reloaded CAM with a new code?

I have tried to get the UCAS Loader 3 software on to my laptop ready however when I insert the CAM into the PCMCIA slot the event log shows the following error:

The description for Event ID ( 9 ) in Source ( Pcmcia ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: \Device\Pcmcia0.

I have a dell inspiron 8600 with built in wireless card running windows XP. I have ensured that I have the latest BIOS and I have tried several different drivers for the PCMCIA controller card but each time the above message appears when the CAM is inserted.

I seem to now be going around in circles and so thought I would see if anyone else has had a similar problem or had any other advice on what I could try.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

bigboogaloo

Reaction score
Reading the notes again from http://www.matrixcam.com/laptop.htm number 9 mentions something called a PCMCIA card extension. Is this something that I should be plugging in between my Matrix Reloaded cam and the PCMCIA slot on my laptop? If so where can I get one of these card extensions?

Any help greatfully appreciated.

bigboogaloo

Reaction score
Looking at another previous thread it seems that this has been discussed before and the the card extension was only likely to be being used as the laptop in the picture was old. This leaves me back at square one with the error when I insert the CAM into the PCMCIA slot.

bigboogaloo

Reaction score
I have given up on trying to get my laptop to recognise MR CAM and have ordered a serial MR Loader from Clanzer to see if that works instead.