Peter crouchs goal should be foul

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
this evemings match vs trinidad were peter couch scored . should of been disallowewd. itv did not pick it up. but premier the host broadcsater has picked up the incident. when beckham crosses the ball in. peter jumps up . pulls the hair of the defender to slot the ball in with his head. anyone see this on premier?
Shahid

jagost02

Single
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Yamaha YZF-R1
My Location
North of the Tejo & South of the Thames
Shahid,

Yes, he was

Rolfw

Yes, he should have... :D

Regards,
Jagost02

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Should have got his hair cut then. :-lmao

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Well, as an England fan I must say I am deeply disappointed...a cheat is a cheat is a cheat. Pulling a defenders hair is as low as diving or handballing a goal. Considering that there is still bitter debate about the "hand of god incident" I cannot understand why there was no outcry in the English media. ITV showed a little bit of it just now and Jim Rosenthal was sort of smiling a cheeky smile, sort of haha what a clever foul... Sorry, but I can't see the difference between Maradonna and Crouch (other than one is a fat short ugly cheat and the other a thin ugly cheat). Just a couple of days ago Michael Owen was waffling about that England play the right way and that the English players don't cheat like the others. I think Crouch should be sent home in disgrace by the manager...That would really show the world what good sportmanship is. But somehow I don't think this is going to happen...O-no

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I must say that I didn't notice it at the time and haven't had a real look at it since, as I've been working. I would like to watch the whole match in detail again, as I could probably find several incidents working the other way in the penalty area which weren't noticed either.

I agree though, these type of incidents do not help the game, but until they include video playback to decide difficult decisions, they will never be prevented.

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
Hope Sven drops Lampard. Steve Gerrard should be able to express himself. Keep Owen. And wonderkid ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONEY should start V Sweden game.

talkSPORT.net your official online radio on the WC2006 if u are working.

Shahid.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
It does not matter if there is video playback or if other players do it. I don't care about other players or teams, but I do care that my team wind fair and square. You see, the difference is that when Maradonna did his hand of god, the whole Argentine nation thought it is ok to do so, that it is "clever" and that winning is all that matters - every time there is a program about this subject all the ex England players have the same opinion! So how come suddenly the Crouch goal is not being condemned loud and clear??
It is the for the same reason that I cannot understand anybody being a fan of Michael Schumacher, another unsportingv cheat. My upbringing tells me that this is wrong. I don't like cheats and especially I don't like goals scored like this. Looking at the game in detail and finding that the others also fouled does not make this right. There is a difference between a fould and a deliberate action like diving, use of hands or pulling hair!
Remember what happened when Drogba said the same thing, that for winning he might dive??

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
I'm a bit surprised that there are people who think that footballers don't cheat.

Some cheat all the time, some cheat some of the time, and some now and then but they all still cheat.
Just look at a small thing like throw-ins, both of the players will claim that it came off the other player and it's their throw-in.
If they can do that they will have no problems about trying to claim a penalty.

Owen and Gerrard have both been seen to fall over very easily while playing for England, and I'm sure there are a few more who find it hard to remain on their feet, so I'm afraid you will just have to get used to it because it's not going away.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Shahid said:
Hope Sven drops Lampard. Steve Gerrard should be able to express himself. Keep Owen. And wonderkid ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONEY should start V Sweden game.

talkSPORT.net your official online radio on the WC2006 if u are working.

Shahid.

What Planet are you on man, Drop Lamps. No way jose.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
rolfw said:
Should have got his hair cut then. :-lmao
Sensible Rolf. Can you imagine rugby players with dread locks.:rolleyes:

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Not knowing a lot about football, I think the game should be run by the ref and what he says goes.

But - after the match videos should be reviewed and anyone judged cheating, diving, fouling, pulling hair! should be punished for the next match.

This may make them think twice about doing anything in the first place.

Didn't one of Brazil players not get punished for going down after a ball hit him before taking a corner in the last World Cup? That was after the match!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yeah, that should be done. Also, and I have to repeat myself on this one (again): If f****** FIFA would do the simple thing of adding another assistant ref who patrols the area behind the goals then all this diving, pullling and other silly stuff that goes on on corners and free kicks won't happen. But they just don't listen to me!!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
They won't listen to anyone T_G. :)

twag44

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
plaza350,dreambox7000,triax110,
My Location
Holland
i never seen the hair pulling incident,but agree that this sort of thing shouldnt be condoned and the offending player(english or otherwise) should be penalised.Cheating has always been a part of football,i dont like it one bit and the sooner measures are introduced to stop all this the better.on the other hand there was nothing foul about stevie g's goal....brilliant!!!!!!

TWAG