Phoenix Apollo CI+MC

kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
i dont know if you need software for a usb - serial adapter .. maybe someone with some experience with this could comment

john_m

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3600, Sky Digibox, NTL
Thanks again mate, I will go out and buy a null modem cable tomorrow.

john_m

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I've just read another thread on usb to serial adapters and you do need a null modem cable as well you cant just plug the adapter into the back of the apollo (doh!) and I work in I.T too!!.

AT1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 5400 irci
90cm dish, Dragon CAM
My Location
UK
hi every one.
my experience with USB-serial adapters is not that good. I must have at least 2 different adapters thorown some where in the house.
I have a Sony laptop. Others say that usb adapters work with different laptops. I agree that either way a null modem cable should be used. however, there must be a way to have a null modem with 2 different ends, one serial for the receiver and a USB end for the laptop.
Theoretically it could be done, I wonder why they are not on sale!

john_m

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Got hold of key updater now so just waiting for the null modem cable to arrive.

kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
john_m said:
Got hold of key updater now so just waiting for the null modem cable to arrive.
let me know how how you get on

john_m

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Well I recieved the cable today updated and everything is working, certainly TPS (left it on France 4 for a minute or so) and Premiere, going to try Polsat now. Thanks everyone for your help.

john_m

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Had to enter keys manually for polsat and d+ but now working.

AT1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 5400 irci
90cm dish, Dragon CAM
My Location
UK
@Jphn m
would you please tell me what is the date of your updated version?

I'd appreciate if you could pm the steps you took to do the update.
Regards AT

kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
AT1 said:
@Jphn m
would you please tell me what is the date of your updated version?

I'd appreciate if you could pm the steps you took to do the update.
Regards AT
The software i sent him was dated 05,10,07.. If you go back over the last few posts i have explained what you need to do.. You need the all updater and the latest wsw file (05,10,07).. If you cant find this pm me your e-mail and ill send it to you... you might also be interested to know you can convert your phoenix apollo to an openbox, you can open a few more channels with this firmware and with the latest openbox (5.14) d+ and polsat are auto update again..:cool:

john_m

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has anyone noticed the boxes tendancy to lock up if you are flicking through channels fast in TPS (i have since organised them into one group - seems better). Had to power my box down to recover, it then thought it was on Astra-1 even though the dish is pointed at hotbird!.

john_m

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hi Could anyone tell me what additional channels would open if I convert my apollo to an openbox is it worth doing ? I've certainly got enough to be going on with (and thanks once again) but you can never have too many !.

kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
john_m said:
Hi Could anyone tell me what additional channels would open if I convert my apollo to an openbox is it worth doing ? I've certainly got enough to be going on with (and thanks once again) but you can never have too many !.
The advantage with the openbox firmware is that d+ and polsat are on auto update again so you dont need to keep entering keys. it also opens the odd extra channel, like some of the mtv stuff. I also found a problem with the apollo locking up but have found it doesnt do this with the openbox.. The best thing about the openbox is 'pobedit' - this is a key and channel editor, it makes life much easier when entering keys or if you want to change your settings, you can edit them with pobedit on your pc and then send them over to you reciever.. the only thing you lose with the openbox is the multichoice button for premiere - this just means you need to manually look for the channels.. hope this helps:cool:

artede

Reaction score
How do you enter Biss Keys for Rai, anybody has tried?
Nobody answered this question.
Have you a similar issue, in the open box there are only 6 pair of keys
instead of the 8 required, any tip?
Somebody in the earlier post suggested to do it through Viaccess, I do not see how it works.:-doh!:)

kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
artede said:
How do you enter Biss Keys for Rai, anybody has tried?
Somebody in the earlier post suggested to do it through Viaccess, I do not see how it works.:-doh!:)
Sorry was not ignoring you, just cant remember how to on the apollo. As i have said, i have converted my box to an openbox and the openbox has a seperate biss menu

AT1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 5400 irci
90cm dish, Dragon CAM
My Location
UK
I wanted to enter Cabo keys on my
in the 1117 menue you get a box with the followinh

No ID Index Provider
01 4E 01 00 00 AC D6 etc ....

How do I know that the ID 4E0100 belongs to Cabo or D+? if I enter the keys, you enter in new line or over rdie the other?
thanks

kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
AT1 said:
I wanted to enter Cabo keys on my
in the 1117 menue you get a box with the followinh

No ID Index Provider
01 4E 01 00 00 AC D6 etc ....

How do I know that the ID 4E0100 belongs to Cabo or D+? if I enter the keys, you enter in new line or over rdie the other?
thanks
Tv Cabo is id 4901 and d+ is id 4101 in the nagravision section. right the new keys over the old ones.. florikey will give you 2 lines of 32 numbers and letters - key 00 and key 01.. Put key 00 from florikey onto lines 00 and 10 on your apollo secret menu and put key 01 from florikey on lines 01 and 11 on your apollo - hope this helps:cool:

p.s. got your pm and will reply shortly

artede

Reaction score
:confusedQuote: Originally Posted by artede (original)How do you enter Biss Keys for Rai, anybody has tried?

Sorry was not ignoring you, just cant remember how to on the apollo. As i have said, i have converted my box to an openbox and the openbox has a seperate biss menu.

I have also converted mine to an Open Box, however Rai International does not work.
Any tip? Also if you use the Biss editor , it only allows 6 pair of keys instead of the required 8.
Thanks

AT1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 5400 irci
90cm dish, Dragon CAM
My Location
UK
kip said:
Tv Cabo is id 4901 and d+ is id 4101 in the nagravision section. right the new keys over the old ones.. florikey will give you 2 lines of 32 numbers and letters - key 00 and key 01.. Put key 00 from florikey onto lines 00 and 10 on your apollo secret menu and put key 01 from florikey on lines 01 and 11 on your apollo - hope this helps:cool:

p.s. got your pm and will reply shortly
I did exactly the above, however, the keys change as soon as you move to Taquilla 1. I changed them 3 times in an opened channel. so D+ never opens.
has any one experience this?mand how to overcome it?
thanks