kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
AT1 said:
I did exactly the above, however, the keys change as soon as you move to Taquilla 1. I changed them 3 times in an opened channel. so D+ never opens.
has any one experience this?mand how to overcome it?
thanks
I have heard that d+ is sending wrong keys to the reciever using the auto update, i dont know how to get round this on the apollo but the openbox has got round this by turning auto update off.. Maybe you should convert your box to an openbox their is much more support for this box

kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
artede said:
:confusedQuote: Originally Posted by artede (original)How do you enter Biss Keys for Rai, anybody has tried?
Nobody answered this question.
Have you a similar issue, in the open box there are only 6 pair of keys
instead of the 8 required, any tip?
Somebody in the earlier post suggested to do it through Viaccess, I do not see how it works.:-doh!:)

Sorry was not ignoring you, just cant remember how to on the apollo. As i have said, i have converted my box to an openbox and the openbox has a seperate biss menu.

I have also converted mine to an Open Box, however Rai International does not work.
Any tip? Also if you use the Biss editor , it only allows 6 pair of keys instead of the required 8.
Thanks
Try this - enter the first 3 keys - miss out the fourth - then enter the next 3 - and miss out the last like this 19 32 42 XX 42 63 78 XX (these are not real keys) I think this should work:-sugar

bmonkey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Phoenix Apollo CI Digital Receiver, Invacom 0.3db Universal LNB, 80cm dish, Manhattan HH100 or 120 motor (not sure which one)
My Location
London, UK
i'm not sure if anyone else is having these problems with the Apollo, but I entered the latest keys for Polsat and DigiTV (1W), but the channels wouldn't unlock. Also, Digital+ worked, but only Taquilla channels and Fox News and maybe some others worked, which was weird. C+ Futbol and Fox didn't work for example. Premiere doesn't seem to be auto updating anymore. The only package which works great on auto update is TPS, but even that is a bit strange. Most of the time Canal+ channels don't descramble, but a few times they have descrambled. I don't know why sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Is anyone else having any of these problems?

Thanks!

kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
bmonkey said:
i'm not sure if anyone else is having these problems with the Apollo, but I entered the latest keys for Polsat and DigiTV (1W), but the channels wouldn't unlock. Also, Digital+ worked, but only Taquilla channels and Fox News and maybe some others worked, which was weird. C+ Futbol and Fox didn't work for example. Premiere doesn't seem to be auto updating anymore. The only package which works great on auto update is TPS, but even that is a bit strange. Most of the time Canal+ channels don't descramble, but a few times they have descrambled. I don't know why sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Is anyone else having any of these problems?

Thanks!
Firstly, you will properly find by the time you read this all d+ channels will have gone, unfortunately until someone cracks nagra 3 thats it for d+ - and thats the same on every reciever. Premiere is not auto update on the apollo at the moment - you need to enter the keys.. your best bet would be to convert to an openbox,premiere and polsat are auto update still on the openbox - also digitv opens with keys.. Tps should be fine.. The apollo fimware is quite old now and there has been many changes by the providers recently.. The openbox release updates sometimes 3 times a week to try and keep ahead and the apollo is slow to keep up:-thumbup

bmonkey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Phoenix Apollo CI Digital Receiver, Invacom 0.3db Universal LNB, 80cm dish, Manhattan HH100 or 120 motor (not sure which one)
My Location
London, UK
kip said:
Firstly, you will properly find by the time you read this all d+ channels will have gone, unfortunately until someone cracks nagra 3 thats it for d+ - and thats the same on every reciever. Premiere is not auto update on the apollo at the moment - you need to enter the keys.. your best bet would be to convert to an openbox,premiere and polsat are auto update still on the openbox - also digitv opens with keys.. Tps should be fine.. The apollo fimware is quite old now and there has been many changes by the providers recently.. The openbox release updates sometimes 3 times a week to try and keep ahead and the apollo is slow to keep up:-thumbup

ok cheers for that, so DigiTV isn't working on the apollo firmware by entering the keys manually? I think I will convert to Openbox...but I have a few questions first :D

will the secret menu 1117 still appear for me to enter codes?

will I have to rescan for all the satellites again?

is the process of updating as simple as upgrading the apollo firmware and are there any instructions, or can i use the same instructions that come with updating the apollo firmware?

and which version do i need of OpenBox. I can see f300, x800, x810, x820

Thanks again!

kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
bmonkey said:
ok cheers for that, so DigiTV isn't working on the apollo firmware by entering the keys manually? I think I will convert to Openbox...but I have a few questions first :D

will the secret menu 1117 still appear for me to enter codes?

will I have to rescan for all the satellites again?

is the process of updating as simple as upgrading the apollo firmware and are there any instructions, or can i use the same instructions that come with updating the apollo firmware?

and which version do i need of OpenBox. I can see f300, x800, x810, x820

Thanks again!
Yes the secret menu (1117) is the same, Yes you will have to rescan sats and yes the process is the same as if you were upgrading the apollo ( use all updater) .. If you have an apollo cimc or ci you need to update it to an 820 -- You should also download 'pobedit', with pobedit you can update keys and your settings and send them direct to your reciever without using the secret menu, it is very easy - good luck

ps make sure you use the right software:-Cgrin

john_m

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3600, Sky Digibox, NTL
I've upgraded my box to an openbox (thanks Kip) and its a lot better than the Apollo firmware. Pobedit really makes things so easy and it opens more channels too.:-thumbup

Actarus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Arion Af1700E
Amd 2100+
Hello friends,
I've a clone of OPenbox X820, mainboard SDC3510, 2CI.
Have you convert your receivers by JTAG or only changing headers?
How can I do It?
Thanks.

kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
john_m said:
I've upgraded my box to an openbox (thanks Kip) and its a lot better than the Apollo firmware. Pobedit really makes things so easy and it opens more channels too.:-thumbup
No problem john, I think the support for the openbox and pobedit makes it one of the best recievers you can get at the moment, dare i say the support is almost as good as the technomate. anyway enjoy:-thumbup

Actarus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Arion Af1700E
Amd 2100+
Actarus said:
Hello friends,
How can I do It?
Thanks.

Hello,
Phoenix Apollo CI ha "0A" in header instead of Openbox has "0B".
When you change header to convert in OPnebox x820, do you modify "0B" in "0A" or you leave "0B"?
Thanks.

kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
Actarus said:
Hello friends,
How can I do It?
Thanks.
If you go back over this thread you will see i have explained how to convert from apollo to openbox using the all-updater.. I do not have an Arion or any expeience with one so can not help.. Maybe if you start a new thread someone might be able to help:-bigsanta