1024mb RAM
Geforce 256mb 6800 Ultra
My Location
Sunny old Bristol
Saw this advertised the other day :

*QUOTE*
Sky digi dialer £ 99.00 (Euro 142.97) This item will be available soon

Enter your country dialing code eg. Germany +49:

Order PPV events from your remote control.

Now you can order PPV events direct from your remote control. No phone calls to Sky or authorised agent! No delays in activations! You are now in control!

Installation: The Sky digi dialer simply connects into the socket provided at the back of the digibox. The cable connects to your telephone socket . To watch a PPV event simply go to the channel of choice and press ok . The box will dial the Sky subscriber centre and after you enter the pin code will activate your viewing card for the event. You account will be automatically charged by Sky . It's that simple!!
*QUOTE*

Do you think this is genuine ? and if so could this also bypass the call back problem ? Apparently you just plug your digibox into it, plug it into your phone socket and the digibox works the same as if you were in the UK. If this does work would this be a solution to all the callback problems ? As far as I know the software on the digibox is responsible for ringing up SKY and not the other way round. If this gadget actually works do you think SKY would somehow be able to tell from where the box is dialling out from ? If not they would then be receiving their call back signals and would be happy or?
Methos.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well that's certainly come down in price in the last week or so, from memory it was £300 plus, but that's beside the point.

The only way that it would satisfy the contract's callback clause would be to emulate the CLID of the registered number, it doesn't say whether it does this though. I seem to remember that people with certain cable lines could not get box office to work, due to the lack of CLID, even though the box was sending out an identification code, I certainly had problems with the initial callback on installation.

It would certainly be interesting to receive more detailed technical information about it, but I'm certainly not going to spend £100 to find out. ;)

methos_de

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Ver.3 SKY+ box
1,20m Dish
Quad Invacom 0, 3db LNB

P4 3,4 ghz
1024mb RAM
Geforce 256mb 6800 Ultra
My Location
Sunny old Bristol
Shame that. I'll probably give one ago in the near future just for the ordering of box office events. I'll let you know what success I have from Germany.
I'll get in touch with the seller and see what they can tell me.

Methos.

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
I think this may be a call diverter,it uses your uk number to dial sky,you get into it by calling from your 'foreign' number,then your uk number calls sky.Sky would need to know your uk number to authorise the ppv,and of couse sky would need your account details,but then how do sky 'read'you card details to check if you have viewed your chosen ppv.I would take further advise befor parting with your hard earned.......look on ebay tonight,digital self upgrading 'sky'cards....only 40 pounds...........brian

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Just in case you don’t know you can call Sky (yourself, not the box) from abroad to order PPV movies. If they ask why you didn’t order it through the box just say your phone is unplugged as you are redecorating or something. If you are still under the first year of a subsidised contract the old granny style “I didn’t trust it, I thought actually calling would be easier” should work.

(erm, I do apologise to any old grannies who proudly order their PPV without calling Sky)

IAN ROBINSON

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
ashton under lyne, lancashire
I am pretty sure that you will find that this is part of the Stealcard con that is being run by freetvrus.com . To research this con search with Google and you should be able to trace back to the Police that are dealing with it. It a 100% con.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No I don't believe that it is connected to the stealthcard scam Ian. It doesn't claim to get you free tv, just that it enables features on the digibox, normally not available overseas. It has also been sold as an overseas installers aid so that a standard new installation callback can be made, whether it works properly is another matter altogether though :)

IAN ROBINSON

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
ashton under lyne, lancashire
I saw this item being sold on eBay by a Scottish dealer recently and it looks remarkably like the one on the freetvrus.com website

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Couldn't see the unit on the stealthcard site, may have been removed, but as I say, it doesn't claim to give you free PPV events, all it should do is remove the first digit from the dial out phone number and replace it with 0044, shouldn't be that difficult. The other device of which you are talking, doesn't purport to phone Sky at all, just tricks the box into thinking that it is phoning Sky, the box ends up constipated as a result.

methos_de

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Ver.3 SKY+ box
1,20m Dish
Quad Invacom 0, 3db LNB

P4 3,4 ghz
1024mb RAM
Geforce 256mb 6800 Ultra
My Location
Sunny old Bristol
Originally posted by IAN ROBINSON
I saw this item being sold on eBay by a Scottish dealer recently and it looks remarkably like the one on the freetvrus.com website

It would look similar as both are based on the english phone socket.

Methos.