phone sky from france number?

feist

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky+
My Location
france
HI,
Need to contact sky from France to get my card ( full sky package that I pay to a UK address) Paired to a sky+ box I got on ebay

But all the listed sky phone numbers now ask you to phone

08442 ……

and I can’t dial that from FRANCE, any one got a number that still works outside the UK?
Has anyone got a box Paired by emailing sky ?

Else I will have to prime a mate in the UK to make the call, but that’s always complicated
thanks

Low Profile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HD, DM7000 80GB HD with Asus WL330 wifi + 2GB usb drive, Skystar2.3, 2.2m Kinhuge Dish with Inverto LNB and Invacom ADF-120 feedhorn. Pace 1.3.25 and 80cm for Sky.
My Location
Lot, Dordogne, Correze border.
Don't call from France. Get someone in the UK to do it.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
You can call that number from a skype phone

feist

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky+
My Location
france
Thanks Zorba, you are correct so bottom line is :

For sky users outside the UK trying to phone sky – skype

From July 2009 – sky have discontinued all the old phone numbers putting in place a new system so you will not find any other number than a 08442…… number that you cannot access by fixed or mobile phones outside the UK.

As Zoba said skype does work I did it from France last night 24/07/09 and got my card set to a different box.
Sky seems very happy to talk to a skype connection and probably have no idea where you are calling from.

I’m not new to the ups and downs of Sky, have had a subscription working in France for over 15 years, and have seen many of these half hearted attempts at imposing copyright/copy left law ????. but they also know they have millions of paying customers aboard that at the drop of a hat will abandon sky and go freesat.

What amazes me is Sky has never reacted to this market and been able to come up with an offer that is both legal for them and us.
Keeping your sky card Paired and not running out of HP sauce are all in the daily routine of us expats

And thanks to _www.skyinfrance.co.uk who answered my phone call last night and also confirmed skype as the only soloution.

p.s – load of crap on sky tonight, probably watch the BBC …

Sat Sergeant

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.3 metre dish quad LNB Thompson and Pace Sky plus
My Location
Peyia, Cyprus
I have just phoned Sky from Cyprus by with holding number and dialing the 08442 number remembering to omit the first 0 and got thro straight away.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I think that an overseas incoming call still shows up as "Foreign Number" even if you withhold your number. I reckon you were lucky as $ly have certainly been known to act on this in the past.

Low Profile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HD, DM7000 80GB HD with Asus WL330 wifi + 2GB usb drive, Skystar2.3, 2.2m Kinhuge Dish with Inverto LNB and Invacom ADF-120 feedhorn. Pace 1.3.25 and 80cm for Sky.
My Location
Lot, Dordogne, Correze border.
Certainly have, which is why I suggested earlier in the thread to get someone in the UK to phone up.