Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion HD
Dreambox 7000
1.1 Motorised Dish
Diablo 2.3
My Location
Ireland
I have a Fortec Star Passion receiver and Diablo cam 2.3. I have been having a problem with the picture jerking .It has been getting getting progressively worse every minute or so. I reinstalled the latest loader and firmware.The glitching was happening with F.T.A channels to a lesser extent. With this in mind I removed the Diablo cam and the problem ceased to exist on F.T.A.Today I loaded the latest Stealth 253 and this works fine no glitching on the picture. Downloaded the latest Cas 8.6 . I tried Underworld 142 and went back to Underworld 136. downgraded the receivers firmware still no luck with Underworld. have installed Stealth 2.54 working fine except lost the channels on Thor.Is anyone else having this problem

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Haven't noticed any problems myself. Diablo Cam 2.2 using Underworld 136.

Passion loader v.1.5, Software v.1.2.

OK on FTA channels and the Canal+ channels on Thor.

Does some frame slipping appear straight away, or only after a time?

Llew

vulmac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion HD
Dreambox 7000
1.1 Motorised Dish
Diablo 2.3
My Location
Ireland
It happens right away the picture gets very watery and at times freezes for a second or two.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Diablo cams tend to overheat in the Passion over time, and maybe the data exchange between cam and STB using an Underworld file as opposed to a Stealth file causes extra stress (only my guess). But this problem would only occur after having the Passion on for a lengthy period, so that wouldn't be the case with you as you say it happens straight away.

See if it clears by switching to another resolution, say 720p from 1080i or vice-versa.

Other than that, I can't think of any other cause at present.

Llew

vulmac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion HD
Dreambox 7000
1.1 Motorised Dish
Diablo 2.3
My Location
Ireland
An update on the solution
I have had another shot with installing underworld 142 on the Diblo cam I did not format the cam this time and the results are excellent. In the top cam slot there was a little of picture judder nothing to worry about but in the bottom slot the picture is perfect. how can one slot vary so much in the same tuner any ideas