picture kept freezing up

watson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500 -Gemini
My Location
Tunisia
Hi again

I have a dreambox 500 hooked up to adsl. With adsl on, I get paid channels. However, when viewing paid channels my pictures very frequently freezes up for seconds at a time. Initially, I thought that it was my dish alignment. But since my programs are ok on FTA channels that does not need adsl, I figure that it is something to do with my adsl provider.

Can someone pse shed me some light.

Thanks

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
It's probably the server that you're connected to. How many peers does it have?

watson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500 -Gemini
My Location
Tunisia
thanks. Dont know how many peers. The provider does not want to reveal any information. where are the files that the server provider kept in my dreambox ?

Does my internet bandwidth need to be broad, cause afterall the server is only steaming text codes and not pictures..... or am i wrong.

Thanks once again

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
etc/cccam.cfg will have the server details in it if you use CCcam

watson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500 -Gemini
My Location
Tunisia
Thanks Mhku

On a seperate issue, I have a problem with IP conflict between my Belkin router and my Sagem modem. My Sagem modem is set to 192.168.1.1. With my Belkin wireless G router set at 192.168.2.1, I can get my internet to work and my wireless computer connected to the internet. However, my dreambox that is connected to my internet fails to work. I understand from previous post that my modem and router must have the same three sets of numbers, eg 192.168.1.XXX.

when I change my router to 192.168.1.2, I get an IP conflict and my dreambox cannot access to the internet (ping 192.168.1.5 unsuccessful). Also my computers cannot access the internet. It failed when i try to ping 192.168.1.1, but ok when i ping my router 192.168.1.2. I made sure that the DHCP setting from both my modem and router is from 192.168.1.3 to 192.168.1.254. I have not changed anything else in my configuration, like NAT or firewall. The setting on my modem, router and dreambox at all at DHCP.

As I am new at this, can anyone tell me where this IP conflict can be from.
Thanks very much

watson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500 -Gemini
My Location
Tunisia
Hi all, I need some help. My screen frequently freezes, more so with Eurobird1/Astra2 at 28.2E, but also with all other satellites on paid programmes. FTA programmes are ok. I have a clone Dreambox 500 that is hooked up to my adsl for paid programmes. I have paid for this adsl connection. The vendors assures me that his server is not overloaded. He mentioned that because we use ‘nds’ in Europe, there is no solution to picture freezes and it is part and parcel of the system. However, i have read from the forums that by changing the ccam, I can eliminate the freezes.
I have a few questions:
1. Should I try a different ccam, and if so which one.
2. How do I tell which is the ccam that I am presently using?
3. While trying to load some ccam, I encountered the error msg ‘ Disk size too small’ . Someone suggested that I should download the ccam onto my computer, then flash it onto my dreambox. Where is the site that I can find all these ccam. At the moment, I am downloading it from my dreambox (blue button). My /tmp in my dreambox is 80% used. Of total 29.4M, I have 3.3M free.
4. How do I flash this ccam from my notebook onto my dreambox, ie which directory in Dreambox. I have flashWizardPro
Sorry I am asking so many questions. I have been trying the last two weeks without any success. Thanks to everyone in this wonderful community.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
watson said:
My screen frequently freezes, more so with Eurobird1/Astra2 at 28.2E, but also with all other satellites on paid programmes. FTA programmes are ok. .

Thats the server not keeping up with key changes. Find another one, or put up with it.

watson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500 -Gemini
My Location
Tunisia
So changing of ccam will not help?