Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
Hi All!
Some members, for example @martin-f , has painted some picture on their dishes. I also have some experience in that, as I have 1,8m PFA painted. I also know for sure how difficult is to decide what exactly to paint! I think I am again wish to paint one of the dishes (1,2m or 1,8m plastic), I would like to gather ideas of what could be painted on face of the dish. Just an ideas, no critics.
If I speak now about CM1,2m now, I think that antenna's strength ribs could be painted on it's face in such a way that everybody who looks at antenna gets ticket and automatically thinks that he is looking at the back of the antenna, therefore it is installed incorrectly.
So, ideas appreciated.

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
So long as you use lead free paint you will be ok best to use is car spray paint, some wood paints such as Cuprinol have not washed off my 100cm so far.
Use Matt paint to prevent the suns rays reflecting on your Lnb.

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
Type of paint it is technical issue and has nothing to do with picture painted. I also heard no-laded paint should be used and, of course, matted.
For my 1,8m PFA car-paint was used and also couple of layers of lacquer, which was not proper way to do. I had LNB burned during sun-interference period. Have placed this antenna in the garage to prevent expensive painting from negative weather affecting :D
And, yes, I think we can also post pictures of paintings on our dishes. There is mine 180aero.jpg

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Can you show how it is look like? :-doh

To be honest I couldn't Rimants:(, but I can tell you the difference between a golf ball and a G spot :).

A guy will actually search for a golf ball:D

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
There was a thread here on a guy from the other side of the puddle who painted some great pictures on his dish.

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Always thought this would look good on a suitably sized dish.......frighten the neighbours too................

115159885.jpg

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
Made some research on possibilities to make aerography on dishes. From couple of sources... price for making picture on 120cm dish is about 200EUR.