picture very bad on pc.

elv

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Have a dreambox dm500-s with 90cm motorised dish.
My Location
london
when managing to view pic on pc through vlc, picture is very bad and scrambled, can anyone help pls?

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
elv said:
when managing to view pic on pc through vlc, picture is very bad and scrambled, can anyone help pls?

If the picture is scrambled, then it is a black screen.
Perhaps you mean pixelized?
Does this happen also with FTA channels?
For best results to watch satellites on PC, use a DVB-S PCI or USB card, instead of VLC.
Means having a dual / twin LNB with a second coaxial cable going directly to the PC.

elv

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Have a dreambox dm500-s with 90cm motorised dish.
My Location
london
sorry i mean pixalised,
yes it does happen on fta channels too, i am wireless, would prfer not to have to run a cable to pc, is there any other option?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
elv said:
sorry i mean pixalised,
yes it does happen on fta channels too, i am wireless, would prfer not to have to run a cable to pc, is there any other option?

I would have thought that there was far too much information to be transmitted wirelessly and displayed on a PC without pixellating, especially when any movement takes place. Even though digital technology only displays the changes to a picture and does not re-transmit something that has not changed there would be a lot of information, especially if someone walks around in the room an interferes with the signal reception.