• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

pint glass

moosegoose

bog standard
My Satellite Setup
80 cm dish hh motor teco tm1000 dreambox 7020
cas 3interface
dragon cam.promax tv explorer 2.
My Location
norwich
hi talking to a customer on sat .talking about sky in pubs and clubs and he said if there is not a pint glass in the corner of the screen they are not paying commercial rates .now not getting down the pub much i wondered if he had one to many .as i have never seen it any where.but if its true i would like to know many thanks.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's true, or it was a few years ago, S*y got fed up of pubs getting a home set up and running a feed to the pub, so some time ago they put a small pint glass symbol on the bottom corner of the screen.
Now if a S*y representative pops into a pub he can tell instantly if it's a commercial set up.
The prices they charge pubs, and clubs, is extortion, but most pay it, a few went for ART set ups, but now ART have lost the rights I suppose they'll either have to invest in bigger dishes or go for DigitAlb.

moosegoose

bog standard
My Satellite Setup
80 cm dish hh motor teco tm1000 dreambox 7020
cas 3interface
dragon cam.promax tv explorer 2.
My Location
norwich
think its charged on the rateble value ie as much as 10k a year.can u get all the prem on digitalb and is it legal. well as far as sky is concerned

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
Won't get into that here, as there are legal proceedings under way and it has been discussed/argued on many previous occasions, so we need to wait and see some results.

Will dig out the thread links and add them to this post.

My Satellite Setup
95dish, satcatcher diseqc motor, Voyager3 rx, cams etc
My Location
lancashire
Some biig clubs can be up to UK£ 20K according to the ratesheet!
The best rumour from the Northwest is that the Nove package, much more expensive, is more legal than Digialb, as its from an EU country.