Plasma screen logo burn-in

battenfan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m pf
My Location
60N 18E
After a few days of Australian Open I've noticed an Eurosport logo on my 6 month LG Plasma. It's my first plasma but I knew this was a possibility so I tried to prevent it somewhat by turning on energy saving and turn down contrast. In vain. Other occasions one could zoom in so the logo falls off the edge but that is not always practical. It should be easily preventable by having an option to overlay the logo with a gray box or something and I am surprised it is not included todays smart tvs.

Is there an Enigma plug-in that can overlay a png? There should be, and being able to save settings per channel. Or even better, logoaway! Not that I have an Enigma receiver, maybe I need to get one

As plasmas are getting rarer, maybe I'm asking too late.

Clown man

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28,2 & 19,2 on Gibby 150cm ..2x Opticum Premium LNB's....Opticum 5x12 Multiswitch....Humax Freesat HDR's custom FW ...Pioneer Kuro & Panasonic Viera W60 Plasma tv's
My Location
Munich.....Germany......
Probably not screen burn......just a bit of Image retention.........the logo should just fade away.......or check screen menu's ...and do a screen wipe........

No doubt....all the cheap Samsung LCD fanboys will post soon......Just stating plasma TV's are crap...bla bla bla........

but as you seem to care about picture quality....plasma is /was / still is the best...........

BTW....currently awaiting delivery of one of the last of Panasonic's plasma... 55 VT 60

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
We have a Samsung plasma TV and it occasionally suffers with leftover graphics (often from shopping channels which the mother watches all too often) and they do fade when watching other channels which have a lot of moving images, so, it'll fade, eventually...

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
Probably not screen burn......just a bit of Image retention.........the logo should just fade away.......or check screen menu's ...and do a screen wipe........

No doubt....all the cheap Samsung LCD fanboys will post soon......Just stating plasma TV's are crap...bla bla bla........

but as you seem to care about picture quality....plasma is /was / still is the best...........

BTW....currently awaiting delivery of one of the last of Panasonic's plasma... 55 VT 60

Oh yeah plasma sounds great... I wish my TV had image retention. ;) Seriously though, I'm no "LCD fanboy" but I think the quality of my LED lit TV is very good, certainly good enough for me anyway, and I suppose that's what really matters.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK

battenfan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m pf
My Location
60N 18E
Thanks for the encouraging words. It has a built in moving checker board called "color wash", like this. I've run it awhile but it's not totally gone.