Please can anyone help

mark2101

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec-Star Lifetime Classic Receiver with 65cm dish single LNB
My Location
London, UK
I tried to re-align dish to Hispasat today, couldn't find it and now cant find astra 19.2 either. My receiever is giving a signal stredth of over 70% but cant find what satellite it's picking up:-doh! ! Any suggestions?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi mark2101,
check your receiver channels. if you've moved your dish to the general location of Astra1, 19.2E, then you could be on Hotbird 13E, which gives a strong signal, Eutelsat W2 16E, or if you've moved it too far 23.5E, check lyngsat.com for frequencies, tune in a few of the channels and see what you pick up.
Please post back with the results, as it could be interesting.
Best wishes
mickha

mark2101

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London, UK
Just picked 6 satellites to scan will post back when i've scanned to let you know if i found the one!

mark2101

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London, UK
Scanned 6 satellites to see which one i found and i picked up one channel from Eutelsat W2 16.E so went out and moved it slightly, but bracket went loose so put it back to rough angle got 75% signal, ran out did the bracket up and went in and it must have moved because then had 66% signal, so now need to scan again see what i've picked up. Annooying that my satellite receiver cant just tell me, have to select all the sats it could be and scan them all.

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
update your profile, it might help to answer queries?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
As D+ on 19.2E has gone you might be better off looking for hotbird 13E, depending on your equipment.

mark2101

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London, UK
Will put a post when I find out what satellite i've picked up, will need some advice because am going to try to find hispasat again at some time. Have to wait till later as my wife is watching Sky at the moment.

mark2101

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London, UK
Managed to find hotbird 13E, took me ages. Not very pleased with it so think i'm going to have another go at trying to pick up hispasat. If i get 60% signal strength on Hispasat will I be able to pick up and channels then fine tune it?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Depends on the receiver, but normally that would be enough, remember that the skew of the LNB is totally reversed from Astra 28.2E when you get to Hispasat

mark2101

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London, UK
Tried again to find Hispasat but had a problem with the arm so fixed where I could and picked up Atlantec bird 3, but got 4 channels that just had lines and beeped, though would have atleast got the french channels 1 to 5. Thing is my bracket and arm are rubbish for the dish and wont let the dish be turn 90 degrees parell with the house, also there is a small bay window. Can someone tell me how far can you get a stand off bracket and what sort of price am I looking at? Brecause i've seen some brackets on dishes that the dish sits pretty far from the house.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can get an L bracket up to 30" and probably more, but favourite choice is the T&K bracket set, also great for later conversion to motorised. :) There are several mounts using T&K brackets in the pictures og members' setups. :)

orbital2002km

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3000ip (very tired)
All old stuff, I need new direction
My Location
South East UK
I re-aligned my setup yesterday and had a few minor problems - my dish is a prime focus and the culprit for my particular problem was the skew, once positioned correctly I managed to find all the sats I wanted.

Regards

Orb

mark2101

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London, UK
orbital2002km said:
I re-aligned my setup yesterday and had a few minor problems - my dish is a prime focus and the culprit for my particular problem was the skew, once positioned correctly I managed to find all the sats I wanted.

Regards

Orb
The skew? Is that the arm with the LNB on the end?

mark2101

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London, UK
I think I have a problem though because Hispasat seems to far west for me to turn the dish, I think i may have to either raise it up above the facia board to get a claer sky or move it to back garden, problem is if I move it to back garden then cant get astra or hotbird if I want, but above the facia I could. Can I adjust the LNB at all? Wondered if it was my LNB messing the receiption up.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
If you cannot see the satellite, then LNB skew (rotation) is not going to produce the goods. Get yourself a pair of T&K brackets and put your dish above the gutter line, then you wiill get what you want. :)