My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
Thanks for the replies, I hadn't really thought about what channels I wanted to receive, I just wanted more choice and the thought of a motor sounded quite good. I can understand the whole theory of a 2nd lnb for Astra1 and Hotbird, but is it possible to get Astra 2 also from the same dish as I didn't want to have 2 dishes, as I am in a terraced house, the neighbours are not the nicest of people. Basically what I thought, being a total beginner. I could get all three Satellites using a 80/90 cm dish and a diseqc motor. Is this feasible doing it this way? (Ideally a 1.2 mt dish and a 36v motor would be fab, but I think this is too advanced for me at the moment. I'm only just getting my head around the diseqc motor). So should I go for my original thought or would I be wasting my time? Thanx again.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Nobody could fault your decision if you went for a good diseqc motor and 80/90cm dish. Cheap, near-silent and a massive channel choice. Good beginner/intermediate kit.

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
BGonaSTICK said:
Nobody could fault your decision if you went for a good diseqc motor and 80/90cm dish. Cheap, near-silent and a massive channel choice. Good beginner/intermediate kit.

I think I will try that, I just needed reassuring it was the right thing to do and when I get more advanced then there will be no stopping me. LOL. ;)

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
T-E-E-N-A said:
I can understand the whole theory of a 2nd lnb for Astra1 and Hotbird, but is it possible to get Astra 2 also from the same dish as I didn't want to have 2 dishes

Yes its possible, look here are a variety of dishes that give you acess to both astra1, astra2 and hotbird:

http://www.brymar.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Satellite_Dishes_24.html

- not a bad place to pick up your larger dish either (if you don't want it to look unsightly the 85cm polycarbonate see-through is a good choice....)

If you want to go mad with a fixed dish there are the wavefrontier torroidals to consider http://www.multilnbdish.com/ - but that's getting expensive.

As 'stick mentioned you're probably better off with a motor and a 80/90dish for lots of choice - be warned though setting up motorised systems isn't trivial.

Cheers

CTS

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
Thanx for that Closetosoton, those links are very helpful, as far as the motor being easy, I've read up on quite a few of the posts on this forum and I can tell it's going to be a challenge, but hey what's life without a few challenges?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
T-E-E-N-A said:
but hey what's life without a few challenges?

... far less stressfull!!! O-Ha