Please Help! - ITV Partner packet 16E

burgasleer

Reaction score
Hi,

Forgive me for any mistakes as this is my first post.

From Total TV Bulgaria (formerly ITV Partner), I have a Digitavio S1 CX receiver, a 80 cm dish, with which my local satellite installers have tried the following combinations of LNBs:

a) 2 x Sharp BS1R9EL100A with a Micro SatEx DS21EX 2x1 DiSEqC Switch
b) 1 x Zinwell ZKF-DJ2138 3 degree Mono Block LNBF
c) 1 x Sharp BS1R9EL100A

All of the above LNBs were supplied by Total TV Bulgaria.

Despite the above combinations, they have not been successful in installing my dish, receiver and subscribed services. They have told me they have set the dish to point at 15.8 degrees east which is where the bulk of the channels in the bouquet are listed. They were using a meter, so I would have to presume that they knew what they were doing and have positioned the dish correctly.

They've left me with the single LNB (option c) on the dish pointing to 15.8 degrees east (with the two LNBs or the Mono Block, I had hoped to get the remaining channels in the bouquet that are set at 13 degrees east). With the current set up I can only get selected channels. Below are the levels for signal strength and quality that I currently getting for each transponder in the bouquet:

[FONT=&quot]Transponder[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Signal Strength[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Signal Quality dB[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]B5 - Freq: 11.138 GHz, Symb. rate: 27.700, Polar: Horizontal, Modulation: QPSK, FEC: 3/4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]78%[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]0.0 to 0.6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]B2 - Freq: 11.011 GHz, Symb. rate: 27.500, Polar: Vertical, Modulation: QPSK, FEC: 3/4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]93%[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4.2 to 4.5[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]B2(SB:cool: - Freq: 10.972 GHz, Symb. rate: 27.500, Polar: Vertical, Modulation: QPSK, FEC: 3/4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]93%[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3.9 to 4.2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]B3(SB:cool: - Freq: 11.095 GHz, Symb. rate: 27.300, Polar: Horizontal, Modulation: QPSK, FEC: 2/3[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]75%[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]0.0[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]C4 - Freq: 11.283 GHz, Symb. rate: 27.500, Polar: Horizontal, Modulation: QPSK, FEC: 5/6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]82%[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4.2 to 4.3[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]B6(Pink) - Freq: 11.178 GHz, Symb. rate: 27.500, Polar: Vertical, Modulation: QPSK, FEC: 3/4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]91%[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]0.0[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SBB - Freq: 10.834 GHz, Symb. rate: 27.500, Polar: Vertical, Modulation: QPSK, FEC: 5/6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]93%[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4.0 to 4.2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]BT - Freq: 10.796 GHz, Symb. rate: 30.000, Polar: Vertical, Modulation: QPSK, FEC: 3/4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]91%[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2.5 to 2.6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]STN - Freq: 12.525 GHz, Symb. rate: 30.000, Polar: Horizontal, Modulation: QPSK, FEC: 3/4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]64%[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1.4 to 1.6[/FONT]

This is the official web page from Total TV for the parameters and settings for their channels: -http://itvpartner.com/i_frame/l_chestoti.php

I have checked with Total TV and have forced an update of software to the receiver (version 2.37.26.5), so that is all up to date and my subscription to all channels within the bouquet is valid and has been check by their call centre in Sofia.

Does anybody have any idea what the problem could be? Could the dish have been positioned incorrectly? Do I need a bigger dish or better quality LNBs?

I’m really frustrated with this as I’ve paid for 12 months upfront. I’ve had this package working before in the UK without any issues, but no luck this time around.

Any suggestions, help or advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The Total TV package is currently broadcast off 3 satellites at 16E Eutelsat W2M, Eurobird 16A & Sesat1. The first two give pretty good signals in the Uk, but Sesat 1 is frankly rubbish as the transmission beam is slewed further east than the others. Sesat 1 is very poor here even with a 1m dish.

However these 3 satellites will be replaced in a few weeks time when the brand new W3B is launched.

The easiest channels to pick up should be the EB16A one - (below 10950 MHz) so concentrate on finding them.

-http://www.flysat.com/total.php

You wont get 16E / 13E on a monobloc - most of them are 6 degree spacing!

YoAs long as the lnb is a universal type the set up should be pretty simple.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Sounds as though your installers have been unsuccessful in aligning to 16°E.

A 3° monobloc set up should be pretty straight forward for the two satellites required with a decent 80cm. You need to get confirmation your set up on the correct satellite.