Please help me decide

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Both the Patriot and Prodelin dishes are of professional status and similar in performace terms.
I currently have a Patriot 3.8 and it as performed without problem , and its performance is extremely good in both KU and in c band.

It takes some time to set up and acheive the best alignment, but providing you are preparpared to invest a few days then the results are as stated - very good. The prodelin are very simlar in performance and in assembly - same care and attention to detail as per the Patriot.

We have several Prodelin dishes - including a 4.5 around our offices and many are now wearing their age very well.

Both are a good investment if you wish to acheive the best in KU performance, the Mesh dishes of equalivent size may not even reach a 0.6 factor to solid unless a finite amount of time is invested during set up.

The mesh will undoubtly need replacing after 3-5 years as well, so while the intial cost may be low but long term not so.

Best
regards

Old Satelllite

anton

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Old Satellite said:
Both the Patriot and Prodelin dishes are of professional status and .......

Old Satellite, further to this can you comment also on the question I had earlier in the thread, i.e.'' The Prodelin seems to have one disadvantage in that it requires two LNBs, one for H, one for V polarization, multiswitch and all that (it was explained to me that these dishes were not originally meant for satellite TV reception) On the other hand maybe this could result in better performance?''
Could this be an advantage after all????
I presume it will be about the slightest difference (if any), but considering what I want to do (spending the lot on a dish, with no guarentee of any success, to effectively get one single frequency on given polarization- 10773 H) it could be of mountainous importance.