Please Insert Answer

G

groundsman

Using Elvis on two separate cards (both of which previously had Kevlar 167) I updated using Omega 190. One worked, other said "Please insert card". Tried again with Bin Laden. Same result. Then again with origonal Kev. I realise these codes all got ECM'd but why the difference between cards?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The card that doesn't work may have developed a fault, if you haven't already tried, delete the card and see if it will accept a program that way.

Rolf

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sometimes auto detect is not enough, you have to specifically delete, I'm not saying that it will definitely work, but worth a try. The auto detect itself has been known to nobble a card as well.

Rolf

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 26-Mar-02 AT 11:32 PM (GMT)]My software MP6 isn't up and running at the moment, I've only recently installed XP and I need to power down to have a look. I seem to remember a command, maybe not delete though...... Done that, Can't see a delete function, you're right, strange how your memory plays tricks, perhaps it was in the multiprog software. It may not make any difference anyway, just clutching at straws really, as i said before, it's not unknown for a card to turn turtle without any reason.

Rolf