Please tell us what you think about your 800

normsky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
UK
Can't really fault the box. It does everything that I expected it to.

I do wonder though - which genius designed a system capable of handling high definition 1080 video streams yet only fitted it with a 10/100 ethernet port?

normsky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
UK
JanH said:
One problem with reboot for long time. I must wait some minute without power before boot the box again. Otherwise it do not boot at all with black display.

.... and oddly enough I have exactly the same problem. Mine, however, needs an exact minimum of 17 secs without power before it will reboot again.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
Cons:
Compared to my other Dreamboxes it is very slow, in boot up, channel switching etc.
The picture quality is marginally better than the DM7025, but only marginally. But this is a feature of HD rather than the DM800.
It runs very hot, which is a worry as it might cook itself.
Poor price/performance compared to DM7025 and DM600.
Using a network drive to record movies is a non-starter as it criples your LAN.
Pro:
It is very small.
With Gemini 4.4 it is rock solid for what I use it for (watching TV).
It has much better connectivity than my DM600.

Overall:
I am not sure that the DM7025 is not a better proposition as it at least has twin tuners, for the same price (but only SD).

jemparis75

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorized dish with superjack positioner
My Location
france burgundy
Hello everyone,

I work in it , i think the documentation is partial.

It should have been a menu with almost 50 frames to customise the box and when you get to the last frame, everyting works properly.

Instead, Dreambox is a trial, you have to find everything, features are not working. It needs me 2 weeks before i found where to download satellites.

This box is a deceit done only to earn money, the developers are debutants, it is like if you've got a computer whose operating system is bad.

Dreambox Multimedia should work on their operating system or engage skill programmers to build a good one instead of fighting against clones.
Clones will improve their bad product.

It is not normal that when you paid such a price, you have not got a good service! Nowadays, you paid and get bad quality.

In my work, if a provider sell us such a bad product, he gets out immediatly.

Stu246

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm dish with a Vu Solo 2 satellite receiver
My Location
Flintshire Wales
I disagree with your sentiments. I have got a DM8000, which is the twin tuner version of the Dm800. I think it is the best sat box you can possibly buy for software support and for the endless possibilities it has. But i must admit its not the most usuable box out there. But if you have a good background knowledge of the technicalities of Satellite tv and networking. It will not take too much time to get the best out of the box.

Stu246

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm dish with a Vu Solo 2 satellite receiver
My Location
Flintshire Wales
I disagree with your sentiments. I have got a DM8000, which is the twin tuner version of the Dm800. I think it is the best sat box you can possibly buy for software support and for the endless possibilities it has. But i must admit its not the most usuable box out there. But if you have a good background knowledge of the technicalities of Satellite tv and networking. It will not take too much time to get the best out of the box.

mholali

Reaction score
absolutely brilliant piece of box. i wouldn't swap for anything else.