Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Модератор
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I am currently using a RPi 3 for my Plex client downstairs. And while it works relatively well, it's getting a bit long in the tooth. For example, it doesn't work with HEVC/H265 codecs and the video sometimes jitters despite being connected to the network using a piece of wire.

So, I am thinking of replacing it with something new-ish, something I can hide behind the TV but still give me Plex (or Kodi, if I choose it). Yes, I could use an old laptop but it's a bit of an overkill.

I have an old "M9S" Android box but its software is awful and Plex client on it doesn't play any sound. I couldn't really find any alternative firmware/OS for it so I'd ideally like something new (though with a view to avoid any more Android boxes - Androids really belong on a phone, not a TV).

Suggestions?

A

Archive-8

I use a vero 4k box with the plex addon in kodi so I can watch it full screen.

I also use the plex app via my roku streaming stick.

So far no problems with either.

The xbox360/one client will only play tv programs in 4:3 and not full screen.

The mutant hd51 has a kodi plugin that will allow the plex addon to run in full screen + it upscaled the picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Модератор
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I've been reading about this M9S box. I seem to have a S905X based device, which means I can install the likes of LibreELEC on it with Kodi. And you're right - I can just install a Plex add-on from there.