Pole shift

Simba27

Panthera leo massaieus
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL55 receiver. Lidl 0.6 LNB. Lidl 80cm dish. Metronic DiSEqC motor. Phillips Freeview box. JVC SVHS Video .Targa 160GB HDD/DVD recorder. 3 x UHF modulators. 6-way Booster/Splitter.
My Location
Uxbridge UK
East and West remain the same. But Thor would then be positioned 1W of Due North. Somebody may have to update the dish alignment tutorials.:D

lejizz

Reaction score
dynamo985 said:
i think it takes a period of time for the switch to occur, it doesnt just happen over night.
So plenty of time to get the factor 40 and learn about barbies and surfin?

Already upto date with the drinking :D

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I was listening to Radio 4 this afternoon (Thursday 6th January) to "The Material World" and one of the questions was about pole reversal.

The answer given was that the last one was about 700,000 years ago but that this didn't tie in with any mass extinction events so perhaps it won't be so bad after all when the next one comes along.

PaulR

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Maybe everyone went to Disneyworld for the weekend and missed the event

Anyhow if this last week is anything to go by, it doesnt take much for planet earth to get rid of a large number of humans, but most wild animals in the areas took flight an hour or so before the tsunami struck, so mass animal extinction events have to be really bad things to witness.

Low Profile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HD, DM7000 80GB HD with Asus WL330 wifi + 2GB usb drive, Skystar2.3, 2.2m Kinhuge Dish with Inverto LNB and Invacom ADF-120 feedhorn. Pace 1.3.25 and 80cm for Sky.
My Location
Lot, Dordogne, Correze border.
If the mass of the polar ice caps increases signifiantly, the earths crust could move, and polar shift (an in movement - not reversal) could occur. We would have to move our dishes as a result.
(maybe I shouldn't have used Locktite on those dish mounting screws after all)

RaiUn0

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020Si+40GB, DiSEqC H-H DarkMotor, Gibertini 1m, Inverto Black Ultra LNB - 42E to 30W.
My Location
Manchester
My 'eurohike' compass is not as realiable as it used to be, now I know why.