Poor signal

goldfish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax va ace , monoblock, 90 cm dish.
Official Canal Sat card.
A ladder but no one to fix the dish for me.
My Location
London NW
I have one dish and a TV with a humax receiver connected to it and also a TV with an integrated receiver connected. The integrated TV receives all channels fine. Both strength and quality is fine. But the humax has only 33% strength and 0% quality. I tried another receiver and lnb cable and hdmi cable but still the same. I have a lnb cable between the receiver and the box in the wall then the continuation of the cable to the dish. Could that cable be faulty?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
If the same cable provides all signals when viewing on the TV with its own internal tuner then you know it is not faulty.

goldfish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax va ace , monoblock, 90 cm dish.
Official Canal Sat card.
A ladder but no one to fix the dish for me.
My Location
London NW
If the same cable provides all signals when viewing on the TV with its own internal tuner then you know it is not faulty.
The TV is in the bedroom and has its own cable to the lnb. That one works fine. The TV in the living room has another cable. Cable between the box and the wall works because I used the one from the TV in the bedroom to test it. Now I'm. Thinking is it the cable to the dish which is faulty. The first cable goes into the wall then there is another one. But signal goes from 5 to 33 when I move the cable inside the house. Same applies if I put another cable.

Nalleman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,8 Channel Master, Black Pro LNB with CM feedhorn for 28 E which is my main interest when watching TV. VU+ DUO 4K SE, VU+ DUO 2, Octagon SF8008 and Vantage 8000 S and TS receivers. Fixed dishes at: 42 E (0,75 m), 28,2/28,5 E (1,8 m), 19,2 E (1,5 m), 13 E (1,1 m), 9 E (0,7 m), 5 E (1,2 m) and 1 W (0,7 m).
My Location
Sweden
Can you try another receiver instead of the Humax? If so you will know if there is something wrong with the Humax or not.
Recently my signal levels went down dramaticly on my receiver (Vantage 8000) but also on my VU+ DUO2. The signal to the VU+ is looped through the Vantage. Tried changing the LNB with no improvement. Tried the VU+ directly at the antenna and the signal was fine. So I suspected the cable (30 m) but first I tried to swap the Vantage with a new one (had a supply of two new ones). Success! The problem was the tuner of my old (seven years and very well used) Vantage. After the change the signal level was up to normal levels again on both receivers. So now I only have one Vantage "in store". Hopefully the present will last at least seven years as did the previous one.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
A small split in the cable outside allowing moisture to ingress and short out the signal is one possibility or it could be bulging capacitors on the Humax unit itself.