Poor Sky+ reception on 1 of 4 TVs using an amp/splitter

GavinT

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky
My Location
kent, UK
Non-technical and first posting, so go easy. OK here's the challenge:

I recently had sky+ installed in the loft with a T140 amp / splitter. Sky is being run to 4 tvs in the house (with magic eye links), so that when you go to analogue setting of the TV and go to the correct channel, you can pick up sky with good (although not crystal clear if I'm being picky) reception on 3 of the TVs.

The 4th TV is less than a year old, but can only pick up poor snowy reception for the Sky channel. To try and isolate the problem, instead of using the normal aerial lead which runs from the loft, through the wall into the room, I tried an aerial lead directly from the sky box in the loft to the TV. Using this lead the picture is crystal clear - from this it sounds like a simple case of poor aerial lead. However the digital reception on the same TV's freeview channels are crystal clear and the reception on the other analogue channels v. good using exactly the same aerial lead. As it is only Sky being affected, this suggests to me that it isn't the aerial lead but something else - has anyone any ideas what this something else might be ?

Appreciate in advance for any help you can give

cheers

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Try mixing the outputs on the amp/splitter so that different TVs are fed. If the problem moves around then you have a faulty amp/splitter.

If it doesn't then it must be the feed from the amp downstairs somehow. Running an alternative lead from the amp to this 4th TV (if possible) would help at this point.