Portable satellite dish base

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
blademedia,

What width and wall thickness of box section are you using for your frame? Also what diameter is the threaded rod, its going to support a lot of weight?
I am considering getting a metal "pallet mount" fabricated so the dimensions would be useful to me.

Thx
Threaded rod is 26mm, half of the kinpost will be bolted to the rail track the other half will be bolted to 100x100/8mm box section connected to track, weight will be around 1 tonne with this lighter dish, overall size of base is 6ftx6ft

Track dish runs on is 4,8mtr long

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Threaded rod is 26mm, half of the kinpost will be bolted to the rail track the other half will be bolted to 100x100/8mm box section connected to track, weight will be around 1 tonne with this lighter dish, overall size of base is 6ftx6ft

Track dish runs on is 4,8mtr long

Many thanks for the dimensions. They give me a starting point for the metal required for a box section moveable pallet mount.
I am looking forward to your "rail journey" and pictures of it setup ready for the man from the council.

One last question if you can please help, I forgot to ask about the thickness of the steel plate used in the levelling system, is it 8mm?

Rgds

Last edited:

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
One last question if you can please help, I forgot to ask about the thickness of the steel plate used in the levelling system, is it 8mm?
I am using 8mm yes,the only reason that's all I could find, I very rare buy new, a rub down with a flap wheel and its new again, 6mm upwards will be fine just keep it tight to the base and it will never bend