Possibility of FreeSat being put on the stronger South Beam

Tony54

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400, 80cm, hotsat y astra 19E
My Location
Guardamar, Costa blanca
Hi All you techies.

Lots of peeps here in costa blanca who have lost their 'microwave' english tv are biting the bullet and putting up 1.8 dishes at about 1000 Euros per installation for dish and LNB.

My question is, what are the possibilities that 'FreeSat' could be put on the stronger south beam or indeed put on an additional satelite that could be picked up easily here on the costa blanca and spain. If this were to happen peeps would be able to recieve freesat with a much smaller dish and cost.

I know that represention has been made to The Euro. Parliament from ex pats in Spain for the right to have British tv in other Euro countries. The parliament had said it is a legal right and so watch this space... not holding my breath though :)

I realise there are lots of implications involving power reqirements on the satelite and the upheaval and costs involved but just wondered if anyone knew more about the possibilities.

Tony

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
No chance whatsoever :D

Presuming that Freesat is actually really only the epg system its already very strong in Spain as its on Eurobird 1.

Its the channels on Freesat that are on the weak 2D beams - and thats something completely different.

No chance of another satellite at 28E simply because theres no frequencies spare at 28E.

Are the EU going to pay all the extra transmission fees for the problematic programmes on the affected channels? If not who is?

Tony54

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400, 80cm, hotsat y astra 19E
My Location
Guardamar, Costa blanca