Possible Multi Coax / Motor Cable Interference

noonoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400 CI+, V-Box 2, Jaeger Supermount 36v, 1M Dish, Cambridge Platinum LNB, Nova, Diablo 2.3, CAS 3+ :: Amstrad DRX280 Sky+, 45cm Zone1, Quad LNB :: Webro WF100
My Location
London - UK
Hi all,

I have just purchased 100m of Webro WF100 and 35m of 36v 4 core motor cable as i want to relocate my motorised receiver to the living room where everything else is and rewire Sky+ as the shotgun cable Sky used seems to have silver braid and no foil that i could see (it has 2 X CB63R UV DIGITAL SAT CBL UK BSKYB TWIN63-001A written on it if that means anything to you guys), also whilst im at it i want to run two more cables from the quad Sky LNB so im ready for Freesat when it eventually comes out.

My motorised dish is about 25-30 meters away on the garage with the Sky dish about 10-15 meters on the side of the house. This wiring will result in five LNB cables and one 36v 4 core motor cable (Reed sensor wires fully screened) all running together for about 15 meters around the outside of the house and then enter at the same point into my living room, could all this cable cause interference with each other being together, would the motorised possibly suffer because its also the furthest away, am i better using one route for the Sky dish and another for the motorised, keeping the motor cable separated from the coaxials or spacing the cables a few inches appart to avoid anything like this or does it not make any difference.

Ideally it will look tidier with all the cables being together as i was thinking of using some conduit to hide them but the last thing i want is to spend a day wiring and nice neat install and find i have created a problem.

I did a forum search and dont think this question has been asked before but if it has my apologies.

Many thanks in advance for an help

Nick

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Nick, the Sky shotgun cable will be double screened, just that it is the older .63mm core version, if it works and you are getting good signal strength and quality, then why change it? If your signal is not particularly good, then you could upgrade to either wf100 Twin, or simply run two single lengths.

If your motor cable is screened, which it should be, you should have no problems taking it along the same route as the other cables.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
As Rolf said, can't forsee any problems running together. My original motorised setup had coax and motor/sensor cables running in a combined cable strip over 25 meters with no problems, although I forsook the original coax for WF125 running seperately now.

Llew

noonoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400 CI+, V-Box 2, Jaeger Supermount 36v, 1M Dish, Cambridge Platinum LNB, Nova, Diablo 2.3, CAS 3+ :: Amstrad DRX280 Sky+, 45cm Zone1, Quad LNB :: Webro WF100
My Location
London - UK
Thanks for responding, i ran all the cables together in some trunking and it works great with no interference.

Thanks again

Nick

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Great stuff. Much neater that way :)

Llew