power going on and off-help!

Messages
9
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
sky digital
My Location
uk
#1
i recently puchased a technomate 1600 series receiver

The problem i have is that the power keeps on going on and off..sometimes it goes off for a ciuple of seconds and then the channel comes back on and sometimes it goes off and stays off....when this happens i have to turn off the power swicth at the back of the receiver and turn it back on again to start getting a signal again

Is it a problem with the receiver or the installation of the dish/lnb?

would be real;ly grateful for some advice here becaise the supplier of the receiver is saying it is an installation fault and the installer is saying it is a receiber fault

help please
 

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Messages
37,671
Likes
1,279
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
#2
Sounds pretty much like a receiver or software fault, even if you disconnect the LNB cable, it shouldn't switch the receiver off. Have you checked the cable connections at both ends?
 
Messages
9
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
sky digital
My Location
uk
#3
rolfw said:
Sounds pretty much like a receiver or software fault, even if you disconnect the LNB cable, it shouldn't switch the receiver off. Have you checked the cable connections at both ends?
thanks for the your response rolf.

I took out the cable linking the receiver to dish/lnb -it looked fine to be so i rescrewed it in. I did not install it so i would not be sure how to check the other side attached to dish/lnb?


The guy who did the installation said to be if it was a problem with the cables an error message would come up saying no signal or weak signal. is this correct?

I brought the receiver patched and have not downloaded anything onto it since purchasing

given all the above info..what would your conclusion be?
 
Messages
9
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
sky digital
My Location
uk
#4
forgot to mention..the supplier said something about the lnb shorting? do not really know what he was on about. i dont know if this makes sense to you?



richard74 said:
thanks for the your response rolf.

I took out the cable linking the receiver to dish/lnb -it looked fine to be so i rescrewed it in. I did not install it so i would not be sure how to check the other side attached to dish/lnb?


The guy who did the installation said to be if it was a problem with the cables an error message would come up saying no signal or weak signal. is this correct?

I brought the receiver patched and have not downloaded anything onto it since purchasing

given all the above info..what would your conclusion be?
 

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Messages
14,386
Likes
3,345
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
#5
Hi richard74

What happens with the receiver when you disconnect the LNB cable and switch on?
If it stays on, it looks like a cable/LNB fault.

A partial short or water in the cable might cause the power supply to shut down intermittently as you describe. Can you check the cable or LNB voltage output with a meter?

Llew
 
Messages
9
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
sky digital
My Location
uk
#6
Llew thanks for the advice

i took out the lnb cable and the satellite receiver stayed on without any problems

the guy who installed it will now take a look at it to see if it anything tio do with cables

Could a problem like this be related to any software/patches that have been downloaded into it?
 

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Messages
14,386
Likes
3,345
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
#7
Don't know your receiver, but it wouldn't shut the box right down if that's what's happening. Might display an error of some sort though.

Llew
 
Messages
9
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
sky digital
My Location
uk
#8
Llew said:
Don't know your receiver, but it wouldn't shut the box right down if that's what's happening. Might display an error of some sort though.

Llew
is it just a matter of the installer fitting new cables or would he have to put in a new LNB?

i mean could it be the lnb he has installed is not compatable with the receiver?

receiver is techmate 1600
 
Top