Power problem diseq motor

Djskutz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m triax . technomate diseq motor, DM800hdPVR, 1.8m Channel master, technomate tm2000, ps3 DM800se, Samsung led 55inch Samrt tv, 42inch philips plamsa flatscreen tv
My Location
Co. Offaly. Ireland
hi lads im wondering if somebody can help, i have an issue with my motor when switching between sats, sometimes i wont take the commands and then all power goes from sat and agc goes for at least 15 min and says tune failed, have catseye settings installed and just flashed the box, im wondering could it be like a power surge and tripping the motor- if so what could cause this and do i need to set the motor at 0 everytime i install a new image when setting back up usals, All help is appreciated, oh and its a technomate motor, and Dm800se, plus ive tried it on my Fixed 28.2e dish and not a problem with channels so ive ruled out the tuner issue!

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
If the DM800 is a clone it could be a PSU, Power Supply Problem, a well known problem with some clone dreamboxes, or the software loaded.
It could also be a loose connection, causing intermittent problems, fault in the cable, or connection, allowing water ingress, or faulty LNB, or even motor.
You have a second receiver, listed in your profile, have you tried that? To rule out any problem with the DM 8000.

Djskutz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m triax . technomate diseq motor, DM800hdPVR, 1.8m Channel master, technomate tm2000, ps3 DM800se, Samsung led 55inch Samrt tv, 42inch philips plamsa flatscreen tv
My Location
Co. Offaly. Ireland
Mickha said:
If the DM800 is a clone it could be a PSU, Power Supply Problem, a well known problem with some clone dreamboxes, or the software loaded.It could also be a loose connection, causing intermittent problems, fault in the cable, or connection, allowing water ingress, or faulty LNB, or even motor.You have a second receiver, listed in your profile, have you tried that? To rule out any problem with the DM 8000.
Hi mickha, yeh I tried it on the dm800 pvr too, it use to work perfect, there is a split in the cable, I might try this evening to run new cable from lnb to motor and motor to box