Predator 350 available

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Predator 350 working OK with T P S and D + (satdudez)

Llew

rato

International Administrator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800; Nokia 9800s; Nokia 9902S w/T-Rex 3.66
w/ Inverto IDLP-40TL +
Technisat 33 dish; Pace DS430N + Humax HDCI-2000 w/
Gibertini OP 1.25m dish w/Inverto 0.3dB. & Invacom 0.2dB. w/ Spaun SAR 411;
CAS 3;FUN7; SkyStar2; AltDVB;
My Location
Setubal, Portugal
Finally! I was wondering why Pred. 3.49 wouldn´t work with the new keys inserted via remote on the Spanish provider.

rutherford

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDI 2000
My Location
wales
LLew

You say it's working with D+, does it also need a card (K3) for this or does Dragon cam decode on its own?

Sorry for such a basic question.:-doh!

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Yes, you need a K3 with the Dragon at present. Maybe a working file in the future for the CAM, as previously.

Llew

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Some rumours a tit card will give D+ in a Dragon, will investigate further.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
A titanium card was required with Predator 349, because even though, you inputted the known keys, the D+ channels wouldnt open, a bug in later Predators, but the keys did work with Predator 325, also the keys worked with a Titanium card and the later predators.
Following the release of Predator 350 the bug has been resolved, unfortunately D+ changed keys on us, Monday afternoon, so we didn't get much chance to enjoy them.
At present only the K3 card can open D+, but hopefully the keys will be released over the next few days, and then the Dragon will work without the need of a Titanium card.

colordrome

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mac OS X, Windows XP, Illusion SAT M3, Eye TV 310
My Location
España
Where would I be able to get the new Predator 3.50. Does anyone know? I have used an earlier version of Predator for the last few days but now it is not working anymore.

Thanks!

colordrome

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
España
Sorry guys, it is me again.

Nevermind the previous message. I have the earliest version of Predator 3.52 loaded on the T-Rex CAM but it just suddenly stopped working. I have tried to reprogram the CAM but the deco is not able to decode the channels.

Any idea what the problem can be?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi colordrome,
I assume you mean TPS has stopped working as the keys change every Friday and you require a modified, updated, Predator file to open these channels.
I've uploaded a new file on sendspace:
_http://www.sendspace.com/file/lxfkgz
Best wishes
Mickha

colordrome

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
España
Thank you so much Mickha!

I am a total beginner on this though. I am not sure what TPS is but I guess you understood what I mean. Predator 3.52 is the version I have but I guess the one you have is more updated?

My only question to you is this: would I have to download a new version of Predator every Friday or just the keys? Are the keys posted every friday?
Also, should I modified the keys every friday using the CAM menu or just reprogram the whole CAM every friday?

Sorry be patient with me :) I have juste started doing this last week.

Thank you so much for your quick reply!

colordrome

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
España
Sorry Michka...just one more question

I haven't used the file you have posted on sendspace yet but I have noticed that in that folder there are other 2 type of files with the extensions .hex .ids

How would I be able to use those files? Do I need to include those when I program the CAM? I use CAS Studio 7.7 but the only file extension that is able to see is the one for the dragon CAM with the extension .dra

How can I use the other files?

Thank you again!

colordrome

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
España
Hello again Mickha,

I guess I am very confused. I have tried to reprogram the CAM with that version of predator you have posted (predator 3.52 which is the one I was using before) but all the channels are still encrypted...

Not sure exactly how to go about this :)

Thank you for being patient

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi colordrome,
there are 2 different files for 2 different loader cards, the hex file is for a Fun 7 card and the dra file is for a PIC F84a loader card, just use the .dra file if you're using a Cas 3.
This file opens s_x View, SRG Swiss, TPS, RAI all on Hotbird 13E, Disney and MGM on 10E and various other channels on other satellites.
The D+ keys are available again which you can enter manually into your Dragon Cam using your receivers remote control, go to menu, Dragon Cam, Debug, OhlAladin and D+, and change the relevant keys.
You can find the keys through the Big Links list or elsewhere
http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40
you can find a full list of channels and their details on lyngsat.com
Best wishes
Mickha
TPS change their keys every Friday and they last to the following Friday, included in their channels are TPS Foot and TPS Star which show a lot of football games including the English Premiere and today the Internationals.

colordrome

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
España
thank you very much again Mickha!

Is Predasaurus better then Predator? I know I would need a T-Rex CAM vers. 4.6. On my T-Rex CAM it says in the back rel. 1. Is that the version of the CAM? How would I know what version my T-Rex CAM is? If I do not have the right version, can I upgrade it with a firmware or would I need to get a new one?

Thank you again!

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi colordrome,
the T-Rex supercam 4.6 is the next gensration of the Cam but can not get anything extra that the older Dragon/T-Rex cams can get at present. You can find out which version of the Cam you have by looking at the back of the cam, these can be 2.x 3.x or 4.1 models for the Dragon, the 4.1 model being the one with the sim card slot, I believe the T-Rex v1 is the same as the Dragon 4.1 model.
The earlier Dragon Cam uses Predator firmware only the new T-Rex Supermodule uses Predasaurus firmware.
If you load the latest Predator 352 onto your Cam, and upgrade the keys for D+ you will have plenty of viewing options for the weekend.
Best wishes
Mickha

colordrome

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
España
Thanks again Mickha!

You have been very helpful!

colordrome

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
España
Hello again Mickha

Are you familiar by any chance with the new Kyng interface on Illusion M3? I am trying to use KyngLoader 2.0 but I cannot send any file to the deco. It keeps saying "initializing upload" but nothing is happening. I have selected the right port but it won't let me send or receive any files.

Do you know anything about this?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi colordrome,
sorry I haven't any experience with your receiver or loader, most loaders require you to leave your receiver in standby and only turn it on when prompted, is there a read me, or how to file in the download or on the site? Perhaps you should start a new thread, in a more appropriate section, which might produce some answers from fellow owners.
Best wishes
Mickha
Just read that there is a new software update for the Cas, CIS 7.7a, which is supposed to make Dragon Cam programming easier.

colordrome

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
España
Ok Thank you again Mickha!

I have posted a similar message in the Illusion M3 forum but I have noticed that most people there speak portuguese or spanish. I live in Spain but my spanish is still not that good and I really don't know any portuguese.

You have been really nice. At least you can speak english. Just one last question if you don't mind. I have heard a lot about the K3 smartcard. Does it really offer any major advantage compare to the other smartcards on the market?

Also, do you think that another alternative to decrypt channels on the Illusion M3 could be to program a smarcard with the T-Rex CAM and use it in the deco instead of working straight on the Illusion embedded CAM?

Thank you very much!